950xl Internet usage...

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place however I've noticed very different data usage on my 950XL to what I had previously on Nexus 6P. Lumia is using way less data?? My usage patterns are similar as I have only few apps I use every day and those are available on both platforms... Is it possible that Windows 10 is making much better use of data saving techniques?? Anyone else have any/similar experience with this??

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Google make money out of sending lots of data about you.

Just kidding. It couldn't be that. Could it ? ;)

Data all comes down to specific usage - Perhaps Chrome does more pre-loading of pages and apps update more in the background? While it can do data saving for browsing, by default that isn't on unless you've set a data allowance.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
My point exactly. I did not set up anything specific regarding background data usage/restricted apps etc. It just works. I am not complaining as now my monthly data allowance seem to be HUGE...

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Google love data. They like to know everything about you, your movements, your usage and inside leg measurements.

Another comparison you could make, to see the difference between MS and Google, is to look up how much resources chrome uses on a PC and then compare to Edge. Edge is vastly different.

Like you, I have seen a marked reduction in data since I arrived on WP / W10M some 18 months ago from android. Windows seems to manage resources much better than Android. Maybe, because the nexus is a vanilla rom, straight from Google, they use a similar system to windows insiders, to collect data about performance etc of the latest rom, which nexus do get first. Judging by the amount of security and bug fixes that come out all the time, the data for these fixes has to come from somewhere. And we all know the best place for testing is out in the wild!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon