Has anyone successfully moved OneNote to the SD CARD on the 950XL?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I would like to know if this is possible?

I have been trying to download OneNote notebooks to my phone but am not having any success. I wish to download approximately 27GB of data to the 950XL. I have 14GB free on the device, and 150GB available on the SD Card.

Problems I am running into:
> Move / Unistall are grayed out in: Settings > System > Storage > this Device > Apps & Games > OneNote > MOVE / UNINSTALL.
> notebook size to big for the device.
> can't find an easy way to move my Onenote Notebooks to the SD CARD.

Solution, or Workaround, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Onenote on the phone doesn't have an option to save to sd card? For example when creating new onenote files?

Chintan, thank you for your reply. This is pretty disappointing, my onenote notebooks are 27GB, and my device only has 14GB free:( and, my SD Card has 149GB free - kind of makes the phone - with all it's power - pretty weak in my opinion. You would think that onenote would allow you to store a local copy of your onenote notebooks on the SD Card for quick recall. This is a BIG fail, in the way of: capability versus performance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Chintan, thank you for your reply. This is pretty disappointing, my onenote notebooks are 27GB, and my device only has 14GB free:( and, my SD Card has 149GB free - kind of makes the phone - with all it's power - pretty weak in my opinion. You would think that onenote would allow you to store a local copy of your onenote notebooks on the SD Card for quick recall. This is a BIG fail, in the way of: capability versus performance.

but word can store on sd card?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Copying from PC to SD card would be fine if I knew how to do it without interfering with my OneNote notebooks.

skarebrian

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi MTF1380,
I have been asking this question for over three years - Microsoft really misses the point sometimes - same with private users and Outlook. At least they have now got the point, but the migration is really slow coming - if ever. Believe me Apple and Samsung don?t have problems with calenders and contacts.
Ever tried this on your WP.
Plan trip abroad - write down telephone numbers, hotell adress, road route etc in One Note.
Leave for a foreign land - switch off phone.
Arrive to foreign land - start phone without a wi-fi connection - try to find the info - good luck.
You could end up downloading over foreign mobile user - could bankrupt you.
Why don?t Microsoft employees have this problem ?

Brian

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Plan trip abroad - write down telephone numbers, hotell adress, road route etc in One Note.
Leave for a foreign land - switch off phone.
Arrive to foreign land - start phone without a wi-fi connection - try to find the info - good luck.
You could end up downloading over foreign mobile user - could bankrupt you.
Why don?t Microsoft employees have this problem ?

For my trips abroad, I have been fortunate to have my agent supply me with a local phone for emergencies, and local communications; I use my Surface Pro3 (pro2 before that), for most of the data I need (always do one last "Sync all notebooks" before leaving the office), which has proved adequate, so far. I mostly use my 950XL (920, before that; note: best phone ever!!!) for morning runs in strange places; but, now the place I visit the most has been removed from Offline Maps:(

My OneNote notebook(s) are too large to fit on my mobile device (currently, the 950XL), and it won't allow me to store a local copy on my SD card (with 200GB of storage), so I have made a hard copy to be able to view plans some 40-60 feet in the air, in a man lift, at night; and if it's rain...all the more challenging. I have also made a folder, with multiple sub-folders on my 950XL's SD Card, and made copies of the different elements of my data for viewing, hope this works for my upcoming project (fingers crossed), but it is a lot of extra work, for something that should be automatic, and available via OneNote.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have your SD card as the main memory and just combine the SD card in the phones memory. I think the only solution at this time would get a higher capacity device, like an iPhone 256gig until another windows phone that Can support what you want it to do. This is very unfortunate. I love my Lumia 950xl, great camera but I find myself using my iPhone more and more plus all Microsoft apps are available so I am not missing anything.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to have your SD card as the main memory and just combine the SD card in the phones memory. I think the only solution at this time would get a higher capacity device, like an iPhone 256gig until another windows phone that Can support what you want it to do. This is very unfortunate. I love my Lumia 950xl, great camera but I find myself using my iPhone more and more plus all Microsoft apps are available so I am not missing anything.

rdubmu, thank you for your reply. Having a local copy of the OneNote notebooks on a different drive is so doable on a desktop/tablet/notebook, and by ALL rights should be a no brainer for the 950XL, but.....

I am just so set in my ways with the WP ecosystem, that I find it hard to change...but I have thought about it many times, I just know that I would miss the things that I do like ";^)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The cool part about an iPhone is that everything that is available on WP ecosystem is available on the iPhone outside of continuum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon