Cortana Stopped Working

Nilesh64

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
All of a sudden Cortana has stopped working. Nothing happens when I press the microphone icon....nor can I manually add any reminder. Hard reset twice with a clean install.

Please Help!

BMT001

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
My Cortana is running fine. I just had an update yesterday. Are you running a standard build or an Insider build?

Nilesh64

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
It was working fine and then stopped. I had United Kingdom selected. Yesterday I changed the region to USA and kept language as UK. Still same issue but it now let's me input reminders manually. What language/region is best to choose?

Nilesh64

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I live in the UK. If I select region as UK. Cortana doesnt work. I have to select India. Only then it works. Very annoying as when I need to buy an app I need to change the region back to UK! Is it because I brought the phone in India?.... Any solutions guys?

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was about to report I too had the same problem. I'm in USA and on AT&T non-insider. For several weeks, my microphone icon did nothing, whereas previously it worked fine. Not only that, when I entered queries by keyboard, it would return a result only to close down after a few seconds and return to the tiled main screen. So just before I posted this message, I tried the microphone icon again just to be sure. Whoa, all of a sudden, the microphone is working. Only thing I did was reboot the phone, which was the first time in a long long time. The only reason I rebooted was I was trying anything to fix the default alarm app which wasn't giving me an alarm tone except for a single text received twerp. So Cortana mic now working. Alarm and timer alerts are now sounding but not using the user selected tone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes