Barclays mobile banking app issues

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Why would they think WP can be "jail broken"? An iOS port maybe?

That's what I thought, but it has a picture of a windows phone. Must be an islandwood port of something.

Its worrying that the developers of said app, seem to have no familiarity with the windows mobile platform :p

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Barclays issued an app update today and it now works again! Great service from Barclays to fix this so quickly after Microsoft trashed their app with the Creators Update. Let's hope the next 'update' from MSFT doesn't break it again!

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded the update but, although it no longer says my phone is jailbroken, it still won't launch properly. I enter my five-digit passcode but it shuts down straightaway.

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, after going through System, Settings, Storage and specifying that new apps should be installed the phone's hard drive rather than the SD card.

I then had to go through the setup process again, but that took only a minute or so with my Barclays debit card and PINSentry device.

So all is working again. Only slight downside is that I have lost all my saved payees, so they'll need to be set up again as and when I need to pay them, as there doesn't appear to be any way to transfer them from Barclays Online Banking.

shazzyrm

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. Stuck at the moment after uninstalling and reinstalling as I'm waiting for an sms for verification code which hasn't arrived, even after trying to resend three times.

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't use Pingit, but I tried to use Mobile PINSentry earlier and it's telling me "PINSentry is unavailable PINSentry is currently being set up on your Mobile Banking Account. Please check back at a later date."

<sigh>

Richardr1

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't use Pingit, but I tried to use Mobile PINSentry earlier and it's telling me "PINSentry is unavailable PINSentry is currently being set up on your Mobile Banking Account. Please check back at a later date."

<sigh>
Following a reinstall they usually reinstate mobile PINsentry after about a week based on previous experience.

Sent from mTalk

aelking

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I just had an update to Barclays, and it appears they have updated this and it now works with the Creators Update.
Fantastic new for Barclays, my bank is brilliant :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon