Creators or destroyers update?

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I think it should not be named creators update. It is destroyers update! Few times I posted questions at forums, and nothing happened. It seems there is nobody left in Microsoft to answer the phone, or to read and replay to the people. So i'll say it again. After creators update, 15063.297 Lumia 950 xl cannot be used any more. Sensors stop working, phone app restarts device on call or answer attempt . . . USB 3 PC connection does not work, NFC not
work . . . Could anybody say a word to me, after I spent 300 euro to by my phone that worked well until Microsoft has stolen his functionality updating it with bad updates?

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you post your questions on the Windows Central forums? If so, understand that this site is not an official Microsoft site. While some MS employees may visit from time to time, this isn't where you will get official answers.

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I think it should not be named creators update. It is destroyers update! Few times I posted questions at forums, and nothing happened. It seems there is nobody left in Microsoft to answer the phone, or to read and replay to the people. So i'll say it again. After creators update, 15063.297 Lumia 950 xl cannot be used any more. Sensors stop working, phone app restarts device on call or answer attempt . . . USB 3 PC connection does not work, NFC not
work . . . Could anybody say a word to me, after I spent 300 euro to by my phone that worked well until Microsoft has stolen his functionality updating it with bad updates?

First and foremost: these Windows Central forums are fan-only, without official MSFT representation. Call Microsoft directly on their support line, or post on their forums, and complain to them. This website has no affiliation with MSFT.

Second: I agree. Windows on a phone is a joke since version 10. Development was dropped for 8.1, 10 was hardly finished, and fans were let to figure out the buggy garbage mess of the beta OS via "insider"' programs. Funnily, Microsoft itself does not believe in this iteration of phone. Just install a production build, get a new OEM battery if you can, and enjoy the relative stability of the phone, along with its superb camera. And wait until next year to get a new phone from Microshaft. 10 is now the new 7.8.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site

I don't know how to answer You to not offense... but... simply, You are not for 950 XL ;)

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

You should try a hard reset. Your phone should not be doing those things.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My final solution for my 950 XL was to buy an iPhone with a separate SIM card and carry both cells, take pics with 950XL and use bugless apps on iPhone !

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Mesbah, sooo funny. We just went on vacation, after my 950Xl keeps crapping out using Edge browser, camera shutter lag, I told my wife, I will get an Android phone, and use my 950Xl as a camera only because the quality of the pics still kicks an iPhone 8's butt

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by midnightfrolic
Can't blame you guys. 950xl on production build. It's so crappy. Crashes frequently and lags randomly. Same issues as everyone else. So tired of it.

shelved my 950xl because I have had to do 6 hard resets with no restore to keep it stable, it was doing great then CU update blew it up again.
Been using my 1520 with 8.1 and it's been great but do miss the size and the awesome sharp screen of my 950xl . So I decided to do another hard reset no restore with the 950xl and what do you know phone has been perfect so now I'm up to 7 resets.
My wife has refused to go through the trouble of hard resets over the last year I have done one on her phone but not everything got fixed and she lost alot of content in the process (I don't blame her) however she has paid the price for this decision...
Her 950 is almost un usable at the moment on CU she has had the same issues I had with the CU update has to recharge at least 2 times a day can cook an egg on the screen. Her phone locks up all the time scrolling sucks in Edge, and additional problems that have popped up auto rotate does not work its stuck in portrait mode( I had this issue 2 updates ago wtf???? all my videos are upside down for my daughters field day I literally opened the camera that morning and my camera wont rotate had to hold the phone upside down see right side up if tat makes any sense perfect timing right and guess what fixed it??) , her camera blacks out and she's down 50% battery with minimal use by noon and pretty much everything is disabled a new battery might fix some issues but screw it the phones been crap since new and we have had problems since we have had it CU update has put it over the edge. Her alarms are unstable and sometimes don't work we have had this issue since day one and it's still happens every once in a while, phone crashes while playing games all the time. There have been stints of solid performance with her phone but then problems just pop up all of the sudden. No other words to describe it the phone has been a complete pain in the *** .29 could not have been any worse to release on this phone. I was a insider and I was running that build and could not believe Microsoft released these phones with that crap installed I took a risk for sure getting my wife a 950 at its release. I just figured Microsoft would get it sorted pretty quick with all the updates
I was wrong. I got my 950xl several updates later.
So her contract is up in November but we just can't wait we are dumping the phone at at&t and I got her a Google Pixel her first android phone. She needs some apps that are not on WP. Hopeful it will be a better experience for her personally can't see how it can be worse to be totally honest. The CU update has been the most problematic update for me to date with the horrific scrolling and lockups in edge as well as the terrible battery life it made my phone unusable.... I smoked through a full battery in about three hours with simple web browsing and some YouTube videos and my phone felt like it could burn a hole in my pocket ugh.
I have used Android but prefer WM not sure how much more I can take on the Microsoft mobile front I have been a rock solid supporter since October 2010 when WP was just 2 weeks old I have 40 gigs of cloud storage for free for being so loyal just don't know what to do. I love my 950xl it's fantastic when it's working and I am totally satisfied then something happens a week or 2 after a update that can't be fixed with a simple soft reset.... Should we still be having these required resets over a year later on production builds???.
I use my phone alot almost exclusively and hardly ever get on my computer so my phone needs to work I don't need apps to be productive with this phone I can take care of everything without them and kind of take pride in proving I don't needs apps or can use third party alternatives been doing this since my Samsung Focus.
I also understand resets are part of the game with all phones but within reason and when I explain to my wife that we may have to do another one in a month or 2 she says no way.
The scoop with the Pixel is that it has been regarded as of the best android experiences I can't find a bad review of this phone guess we will find out soon enough. IPhones are not allowed in my house lol.

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by mtbmike24
Originally posted by midnightfrolic
Can't blame you guys. 950xl on production build. It's so crappy. Crashes frequently and lags randomly. Same issues as everyone else. So tired of it.

shelved my 950xl because I have had to do 6 hard resets with no restore to keep it stable, it was doing great then CU update blew it up again.
Been using my 1520 with 8.1 and it's been great but do miss the size and the awesome sharp screen of my 950xl . So I decided to do another hard reset no restore with the 950xl and what do you know phone has been perfect so now I'm up to 7 resets.
My wife has refused to go through the trouble of hard resets over the last year I have done one on her phone but not everything got fixed and she lost alot of content in the process (I don't blame her) however she has paid the price for this decision...
Her 950 is almost un usable at the moment on CU she has had the same issues I had with the CU update has to recharge at least 2 times a day can cook an egg on the screen. Her phone locks up all the time scrolling sucks in Edge, and additional problems that have popped up auto rotate does not work its stuck in portrait mode( I had this issue 2 updates ago wtf???? all my videos are upside down for my daughters field day I literally opened the camera that morning and my camera wont rotate had to hold the phone upside down see right side up if tat makes any sense perfect timing right and guess what fixed it??) , her camera blacks out and she's down 50% battery with minimal use by noon and pretty much everything is disabled a new battery might fix some issues but screw it the phones been crap since new and we have had problems since we have had it CU update has put it over the edge. Her alarms are unstable and sometimes don't work we have had this issue since day one and it's still happens every once in a while, phone crashes while playing games all the time. There have been stints of solid performance with her phone but then problems just pop up all of the sudden. No other words to describe it the phone has been a complete pain in the *** .29 could not have been any worse to release on this phone. I was a insider and I was running that build and could not believe Microsoft released these phones with that crap installed I took a risk for sure getting my wife a 950 at its release. I just figured Microsoft would get it sorted pretty quick with all the updates
I was wrong. I got my 950xl several updates later.
So her contract is up in November but we just can't wait we are dumping the phone at at&t and I got her a Google Pixel her first android phone. She needs some apps that are not on WP. Hopeful it will be a better experience for her personally can't see how it can be worse to be totally honest. The CU update has been the most problematic update for me to date with the horrific scrolling and lockups in edge as well as the terrible battery life it made my phone unusable.... I smoked through a full battery in about three hours with simple web browsing and some YouTube videos and my phone felt like it could burn a hole in my pocket ugh.
I have used Android but prefer WM not sure how much more I can take on the Microsoft mobile front I have been a rock solid supporter since October 2010 when WP was just 2 weeks old I have 40 gigs of cloud storage for free for being so loyal just don't know what to do. I love my 950xl it's fantastic when it's working and I am totally satisfied then something happens a week or 2 after a update that can't be fixed with a simple soft reset.... Should we still be having these required resets over a year later on production builds???.
I use my phone alot almost exclusively and hardly ever get on my computer so my phone needs to work I don't need apps to be productive with this phone I can take care of everything without them and kind of take pride in proving I don't needs apps or can use third party alternatives been doing this since my Samsung Focus.
I also understand resets are part of the game with all phones but within reason and when I explain to my wife that we may have to do another one in a month or 2 she says no way.
The scoop with the Pixel is that it has been regarded as of the best android experiences I can't find a bad review of this phone guess we will find out soon enough. IPhones are not allowed in my house lol.

Wow...... long winded sorry look like I lost all my paragraphs when I posted.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
no hard resets necessary on my 950xl but getting the glitches. Rebooting settles it down.

Battery getting destroyed but seems related to whatsapp.... as it's one of my higher battery usage as reported by the system... instagram is up there and gmessenger pro, various time well into double digit %s

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Rebooted my 950xl with the recovery tool and it's working great very smooth no issues battery life seems good at this point, but (here we go again) apps stored an my sd card don't update I have to move them to the phone and I can't install new apps on the sd card only the phone dammit.

Lazar 61

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
With new replacement battery (not original, chinese), and WDRT, lumia 950 xl works a bit better, with some new, and lack of old errors. Charging is allmost 50% slower (20-30%), but phone is not so hot. Is problem in battery, or how phone "read" battery state? NFC still does not work. Still too anxious to try to reboot, because reboot means that sensors are lost.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
It's crap for sure. Edge is unusable and crashes on half the sites. Cortana no longer works to dictate text messages. Since there are no apps, you would think the browser would be of focus....NOT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz