Lumia 950 Canada ONLY at Microsoft Store?

DaytonaGTS

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I drove an hour and a half to the closest Microsoft store yesterday to put my hands on the Surface Book and the 950. To my frustration they didn't have the 950. When I asked several employees why they didn't have it they all told me the 950 was going to be Canada only and they will only be selling the 950XL. Anyone else get this answer? This was in the Bellevue Square store so they are just down the road from Redmond and these guys are usually very up to date on info.

Implement

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
The 950 is an at&t exclusive in the US.

Not sure why they don't sell it with at&t and on the microsoftstore at the same time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The 950 is an at&t exclusive in the US.

Not sure why they don't sell it with at&t and on the microsoftstore at the same time.

I'm thinking that they might do what they did with the 640 XL, but I hope that they wouldn't take as long to have an unlocked one though. It's also possible that they might not want to "compete" with having an unlocked one sold the same time as the locked one.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just called the MS store in White Plains and the sales rep danced a jig around the topic of the 950. She outright confirmed they'd have the XL but talked in circles as I continuously stated "Okay but I'm inquiring about the 950 because I heard you'd only carry the XL". Couldn't a get a straight answer and the first time I visited the store in person last week another rep told me I could only pre-order the XL.

Sounds like it's an "unnoficial exclusive" for AT&T. Not a huge deal. Verizon's service is nothing to write home about in my area anyway.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Are the phones on Expansys yet? If not...

For anyone who lives in Detroit or Buffalo I don't mind bringing an unlocked 950 across the border for you to repurchase.
(I don't mind shipping them out at your expense either).

But... we get them in December on an undisclosed date.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
A rep in the MS site confirmed to me that the site would definitely be selling the 950 on the site, but now I'm starting to worry again! Yeesh, I'm so over this. :p

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just came back from the MS store in valleyfair mall in San Jose, CA. This is a top end mall and I would think MS would have all their phones on offer lined up here, if not at any other mall in the area.... Sadly, they not only did not carry the 950, but the couple of 950 XLs that they had were covered up in a black rubber bumper -- making them ugly in my opinion. Was rushing through something so did not have time to ask questions of the reps standing there..... but really stepped in to get my hands on the 950... sadly was not able to... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes