Will the Lumia 950 support health tracking features?

BlueCaret

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I may be completely wrong about this, but I think I have heard some of the Windows Phone's support health tracking (steps, exercise, etc) in an always-on manner. Will the new Lumia 950 support this as well? I think I saw it requires a special processor to do it in a low-energy way. Does the 950 have this processor?

My main goal is to track steps with my phone, hopefully while using the Microsoft Health app.

UPDATE: Just figured out the name of this, SensorCore. Will the 950 have SensorCore?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SensorCore is a generational thing. Even lower level processors of the current gen support SensorCore like the Lumia 640 with a SnapDragon 400 SoC.

I doubt there will be a flagship level device in the near future without this functionality.

BlueCaret

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Looking forward to using it then!

Has anyone had any experience with it? In particular step counting, is it fairly accurate?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it is. I've used it on my Lumia 1520 quite a bit. So long as you have the phone on you it is working. In addition to passive step counter you can use a more active GPS mode. I've not studied it scientifically, but it seems accurate to me. I knwo when I've walked a tracj and the GPS was on it was very accurate. Walks around the neighborhood with passive step count on seem to rack up appropriate amounts of distance.

You may also want to check out a wearable if you really want fitness tracking.

BlueCaret

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks RumoredNow! Ya, a wearable would be nice too, but already will be spending the money on the new phones, and can't fully justify a wearable. But the phone is always in my pocket, so that should work great.

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I cant get this to work. I enabled tracking but it's not capturing anything with Microsoft Health ... do I need a separate app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes