Any Confirmation that the Display Dock Will Be in MS stores on the 20th?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've seen someone in here mention they saw them in a local store today. When I was ordering the 950 through AT&T they gave me the option to add a screen protector and the Display Dock but I got cold feet on the dock. Went back to the store later and it's nowhere to be found on AT&T's store (neither was the screen protector but luckily I bought one). Not sure if they're only selling them to people who order the phone until they get more in stock or what.

Has anyone heard of the local MS stores carrying the Display Dock? I'm gonna head down to my local store hopefully tomorrow if I have time to see. I wanna showoff continuum at a meeting, see if I can convert some folks.

Last edited:

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I've seen someone in here mention they saw them in a local store today. When I was ordering mine through AT&T they gave me the option to add a screen protector and the Display Dock but I got cold feet on the dock. Went back to the store later and it's nowhere to be found on AT&T's store (neither was the screen protector but luckily I bought one). Not sure if they're only selling them to people who order the phone until they get more in stock or what.

Has anyone heard of the local MS stores carrying the Display Dock? I'm gonna head down to my local store hopefully tomorrow if I have time to see. I wanna showoff continuum at a meeting, see if I can convert some folks.

I'm gonna wait on the dock. There's going to be a enough people buying them and then deciding they don't like it, or didn't use it as much as they thought, and sell it cheaper. I'll be cruisin ebay and amazon after they are readily available.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I've seen someone in here mention they saw them in a local store today. When I was ordering mine through AT&T they gave me the option to add a screen protector and the Display Dock but I got cold feet on the dock. Went back to the store later and it's nowhere to be found on AT&T's store (neither was the screen protector but luckily I bought one). Not sure if they're only selling them to people who order the phone until they get more in stock or what.

My wife is seriously considering switching from M'apple, the only deal changer for her might be no snap chat/instagram.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife is seriously considering switching from M'apple, the only deal changer for her might be no snap chat/instagram.

Well tell her they have instragram now and Microsoft has already announced that a newer version that will run on her dekstop, tablet and phone is already being developed and was announced a month ago. As for Snapchat, their ceo appears to be caving and has made comments over the last few months suggesting he's more open to it.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I just called the local MS Store and the rep said they had no idea when the XL or the dock would be available. That could be a typical "I'm 17 and don't really care to learn anything about my job" answer so hopefully they will get them in on the 20th. I'll just stop by on the way home from work.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I just spent 45 minutes on hold with MS chat support and it ended up being a waste of my time. They told me about the promotion on the XL. After I told them I don't have an XL, I just bought 4 of the 950s, they said to coordinate with my "local" Microsoft store. (It just so happens the closest one is 4 hours away.) Then they kept hammering me for my personal information... phone number, MS account name, etc etc. None of which was even relevant to the question.

I was hoping someone around here would have found something out, but there seems to be almost no information on the docks. So here is to hoping someone somewhere gets an answer. Or maybe they will be on sale tomorrow.

... Or maybe Ill luck out and AT&T will have them in the store tomorrow. /wishful thinking

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just spent 45 minutes on hold with MS chat support and it ended up being a waste of my time. They told me about the promotion on the XL. After I told them I don't have an XL, I just bought 4 of the 950s, they said to coordinate with my "local" Microsoft store. (It just so happens the closest one is 4 hours away.) Then they kept hammering me for my personal information... phone number, MS account name, etc etc. None of which was even relevant to the question.

I was hoping someone around here would have found something out, but there seems to be almost no information on the docks. So here is to hoping someone somewhere gets an answer. Or maybe they will be on sale tomorrow.

... Or maybe Ill luck out and AT&T will have them in the store tomorrow. /wishful thinking

FWIW houston area ATT store had the dock on display and presumably for sale also... altho i didnt ask if it was on sale, but the price was there...

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Excellent. Thank you for the heads-up on that one!

I also noticed that as of about 5AM EST, the dock was available for purchase directly from the MS Store.

Link

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes