Project my screen with a 950?

wlabar

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Project my screen with a 950

So does anyone know if Project My Screen work with the new 950? Just fyi running windows 10 on a surface pro 3.

Project My Screen would be helpful when not wanting to run full Continuum.

Thanks

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Project my screen with a 950

Continuum does both screen mirroring (like project my screen) as well as a secondary display. Granted, it took a bit to find the setting to do so.

Connect using continuum, bring up settings in continuum ( the "...), the 1st drop down select connected display and then advanced. The option to switch between the 2 is there

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

So does anyone know if Project My Screen work with the new 950? Just fyi running windows 10 on a surface pro 3.

Project My Screen would be helpful when not wanting to run full Continuum.

Thanks

Who knows? - the latest insider build on my 1520.3 did not work so good with the microsoft HD-10 (their OWN product) not very stable at all and kept crashing and then toasted the Wi-Fi Stack - needed to reboot the phone to get it working

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I cant seem to get my Mirror my device setting to work on my Firestick. Anybody have any success?

Haven't tried with my 950, as I replaced it with a nexus player, but my 830 played nice with it, once it was up to date.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Who knows? - the latest insider build on my 1520.3 did not work so good with the microsoft HD-10 (their OWN product) not very stable at all and kept crashing and then toasted the Wi-Fi Stack - needed to reboot the phone to get it working
I know. It works fine for my 830 and 950.

Chris Howarth K2

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't get project my screen to work on my Lumia 950 XL. Worked perfectly on my Lumia 925 but on the 950 I just don't get the confirmation popup message. I tried uninstalling device, plugging in before & after "Project my screen" app started. I need it for my work! I have a dock coming, but having to connect a powered device up and several cables is just rubbish compared to just plugging in a USB. In the absence of the now-not-working essential feature is there an equivalent to Apple's reflector?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't get project my screen to work on my Lumia 950 XL. Worked perfectly on my Lumia 925 but on the 950 I just don't get the confirmation popup message. I tried uninstalling device, plugging in before & after "Project my screen" app started. I need it for my work! I have a dock coming, but having to connect a powered device up and several cables is just rubbish compared to just plugging in a USB. In the absence of the now-not-working essential feature is there an equivalent to Apple's reflector?

what device are you using? did you check if there was a firmware update available? miracast is an iffy standard, like bluetooth, so it could be the device you are using. Like if it's a netgear ptv3000, while it hasn't been updated in over a year, when i got mine it was already 5-6 versions behind.

Chris Howarth K2

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Actually, the cabled version of project my screen is working now, though seems to be a it temperamental. Sometimes I just don't get the "Allow screen sharing" (or whatever the wording is) appearing the phone and sometimes I do. I haven't tried the miracast feature - don't have any miracast devices

nammmmers

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Actually, the cabled version of project my screen is working now, though seems to be a it temperamental. Sometimes I just don't get the "Allow screen sharing" (or whatever the wording is) appearing the phone and sometimes I do. I haven't tried the miracast feature - don't have any miracast devices

Hi Chris, any insight as to what was done leading up to it working? I read somewhere that if you plug your USB-C into your computer's USB 2.0 port it will work, but not if you plug it in a USB 3.0 port. Unfortunately, my Surface Book does not have anything but USB 3.0 ports.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I tried this today.
First I discovered there was a slightly newer Project My Screen version, so I uninstalled the current one and installed the new one (uninstall was necessary, otherwise I couldn't install the new one, it would show an error message saying there was a newer version installed).

Then I tried connecting before the app, after the app, etc without success.
In the end, I read this posts and tried all my USB 3.0 ports.
Nothing.
My laptop has 1 USB 2.0 port though, so I tried it, the connection took longer than with the other ports but then the "Allow screen sharing" message appeared! And I was able to use the project my screen app correctly.

So that's cool that it works, but it's not cool that it only works with USB 2.0 :/
Let's tell Microsoft about it so they fix it. (Feedback hub maybe?)

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Have I got some news for you.

I tried connecting a USB 2.0 hub to a USB 3.0 port, and the cellphone to the hub. It works!
If your laptop doesn't have a USB 3.0 port, just get a USB 2.0 hub (I tested with a cheap one, not powered) and connect through it.
No problem.
Of course, I would prefer to connect without the hub, but this can help other people.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site

When searching about the same there were suggestions of uninstalling the phone drivers in windows device manager. Go there, uninstall all instances that appear, then reboot and try again with a usb 2.0 port or a usb 2.0 hub. Also check that you have the newest version of the project my screen app. And that you have usb data connection enables in your phone settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon