I tried the 950 at the AT&T store. Here are my thoughts.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So the store I went to had 2 950's, one placed next to the Surface 3, and right across from the Apple section. I think that's perfect product placement. So I turned on the phone, and the first thing I attacked was the camera. It was okay, and the only picture I took was a bit blurry when zoomed in just a little. Luckily that's not as much of a problem as it is on my 635. Then I set up Windows Hello on the phone, and it worked just as fast as I would enter my password. But my glasses confused the phone. I'll expect it to be better when I'm not worried about setting an alarm. Unfortunately Continuum wasn't being displayed, but I got to check out the dock. I changed the scale to the lowest amount and got to try out the multitask grid. It also works well. The phone just works, and I can't wait to try the 950 XL.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
There is a way to teach Windows Hello to know your face better when using glasses. Do that a couple of times and it should pick up your eyes better with each usage.

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I was very disappointed in the display at my AT&T store. When I walked in, I asked to see the Lumia 950. He at least knew they had it and where it was. It wasn't displayed prominently and just stuck at the end of a line of iPhones. The phone was charged and running. However, they placed the stupid anti-theft cable so part of the cable covered the camera. Of course none of the iPhones suffered from this. All iPhones had their cable stuck on the phone so that it did not obstruct any buttons or views.

I brought this to the attention of the associate. He just shrugged. Then another customer came in to get an extra USB cable and case for his 950. The associate said they didn't have the cable, nor knew what it was called. I said USB type C. The associate also said they didn't have any cases for the 950. I asked if they had the dock or could demonstration Continuum. Nope..

What is really disappointing is Microsoft chose AT&T as their premier provider! Microsoft's biggest issue in the phone arena isn't hardware or software, it's marketing! There are NO TV ads. They don't leverage viral social media. They don't educate their sole source provider. I would have to think hard to find a better way to intentionally make a product fail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes