950 Unlocked from Microsoft Store: Sold Out or Not Available Yet?

Ethan Alvaree

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey Team,

I've been waiting patiently to order the Lumia 950 unlocked from the Microsoft Store. As far as I've seen, it hasn't become available for pre-order from the website yet - it only says "Email Me When Available", although it mentions "Ships by November 25". Since the 25th is tomorrow and there's still no way to order it, I wonder if orders were actually open for a short window and sold out before I noticed. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Ethan

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey Team,

I've been waiting patiently to order the Lumia 950 unlocked from the Microsoft Store. As far as I've seen, it hasn't become available for pre-order from the website yet - it only says "Email Me When Available", although it mentions "Ships by November 25". Since the 25th is tomorrow and there's still no way to order it, I wonder if orders were actually open for a short window and sold out before I noticed. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Ethan

It depends who you ask. I was told by a Microsoft Store rep (online) that the 950 - UNLOCKED was up for pre-order a week or two ago and sold out within a day. I've heard the same thing from a brick & mortar store rep. I insisted that this was checked because I F5'd the Microsoft store page obsessively for weeks looking for something other than "email me when available". The in store rep admitted she wasn't sure, that it could have been the XL that was sold out.

AFAIK, the Lumia 950 UNLOCKED has NOT been available for pre-order in the US, contrary to the insistence of several Microsoft reps I've chatted with.

The most reliable information I received was from a purchasing agent at a local Microsoft store. She explained that the phones were not available for pre-order online but some brick and mortar stores allowed pre-order as early as last Thursday. Basically a reservation for the phone. No payment.

Called today and the phones were shipped from the warehouse to the Microsoft store today, Nov 24th. Stores should receive them tomorrow, Nov 25th but they won't be available for sale "officially" until the 26th. However, I was told that as soon as they come in, I would be able to purchase one. So check back tomorrow at your local store. I also expect you'll be able to order the phone on line tonight from the Microsoft Store beginning at 3:00AM EST.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey Team,

Thanks
Ethan
Ethan
I posted that I had Pre-Ordered an unlocked Lumia 950 on the 17th via the phone from the Microsoft Store and it shipped today and will arrive via next day air tomorrow.
If you are a US Veteran or a college student you can get a 10% discount off the list price when you order.

eugarps

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
FWIW: I dropped by the Microsoft Store in the Columbia Mall (Maryland) and they took my pre-order. I asked about dual SIM phones and they really couldn't answer, due to Microsoft's lack of available information. It didn't cost anything to pre-order, so I did but told the folks that I wouldn't take a single SIM 950. I know they exist, because Microsoft has demos on YouTube showing how to insert the SIMs and SD cards. Patiently waiting........

Bill

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've heard a couple good things recently: Unlocked in sure on Friday AND Surface 3 Verizon next month-so possibly a Verizon950 early next year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010