Lumia 950 alarm

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having the problem of the alarms going off behind the start or lock screen? There's no way to snooze or dismiss without unlocking the phone. By the time I do that, I've woken everyone else up because it takes so long!! Does anyone know how to fix this??

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Never had this issue before on any Windows Phone. Be it the Focus from WP7, the Lumia 920 on WP8 or this Lumia 950 on WP10.

It's always popped up with the option to snooze or dismiss. I've never had to unlock the device whatsoever.

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you tell me if your notification settings have alarm on or off?? Mine is on for sounds only but it only appears in notification list and makes no sound. Just installed third party app and it did the same exact thing! And I agree, never had this problem on my previous Windows phones and this is my fourth. Thank you for any insight.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me if your notification settings have alarm on or off?? Mine is on for sounds only but it only appears in notification list and makes no sound. Just installed third party app and it did the same exact thing! And I agree, never had this problem on my previous Windows phones and this is my fourth. Thank you for any insight.

wp_ss_20151201_0001.jpg

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Argghhh!!!! So my alarm did not wake me up today, still only in the notification screen, no sounds, no "banner" on lock screen. Is it quiet hours???? Shouldn't matter and didn't on my old Windows phones. Anyone else struggling?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Argghhh!!!! So my alarm did not wake me up today, still only in the notification screen, no sounds, no "banner" on lock screen. Is it quiet hours???? Shouldn't matter and didn't on my old Windows phones. Anyone else struggling?

I have 2 alarms on my phone. Each is set up the same, just different times. Hope this can help you out.

wp_ss_20151202_0001.pngwp_ss_20151202_0002.pngwp_ss_20151202_0003.png

Mardox

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
with the last IP on my L920 I've noticed that it's easier to ignore the alarm, try to make it ring while you are awake and see what happens

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Seems to work now when phone is active, but doesn't work when phone is locked so it's kind of useless to be my alarm clock. Got a third party app to work now that banners are enabled. Trying out another one today since the one that works only allows one alarm and I need two. Very frustrating..... Worked perfectly on previous phones so it's got to be W10.

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Go get Alarm Plus app..... Works fine, though delays in alarm up to 1 minute may occur so not super precise buy at least it works.

Greycloud7

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having the problem of the alarms going off behind the start or lock screen? There's no way to snooze or dismiss without unlocking the phone. By the time I do that, I've woken everyone else up because it takes so long!! Does anyone know how to fix this??

I had the same issue with my Lumia 950 XL. To fix it, go into notification settings and the third option down says ' show alarms and reminders on lock screen' this must be turned on for alarms to work when the phone is locked. Hope this helps!

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty certain it has to do with bugs in lock screen notifications. I was not getting text audio notifications until I turned in all the options to have notifications displayed on the lock screen. It's probably a similar issue.

Pilbromatic

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

Yes I have exactly this problem and always have since getting 950 XL. I suspect a software bug. :/

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have exactly this problem and always have since getting 950 XL. I suspect a software bug. :/

223fd374f7c42eb81d3745dc9348ee67.png

Make sure that third toggle is on.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes