How to cast with a Lumia 950

xaeryan

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a guide on casting with the 950? I have a Roku 3 and several smart TVs capable of casting, but no idea how to actually cast from the phone. I'd like to knows how to do it using something like Plex or the YouTube app.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The Microsoft wireless display adapter will work with any miracast-enabled device. They sell them on amazon and in the ms store for about $40. You just plug it into your TV and you're all set.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried it earlier with an older Roku and had no issues at all connecting. You have to ensure that screen sharing is activated on the Roku and WiFi is on. It doesn't take long for the Roku to appear in Continuum.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried it earlier with an older Roku and had no issues at all connecting. You have to ensure that screen sharing is activated on the Roku and WiFi is on. It doesn't take long for the Roku to appear in Continuum.
100% correct. You can use the continuum shortcut or the "connect" tab when you slide down and expand the notifications tab. After that, continuum and old school Miracast (screen mirroring) are possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar