Reset just from power button (no volume down button), is anyone else having this issue?

Nergard

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Reset just from power button (no volume down button)

On my Lumia 950, it will reset when I hold down the power button for 10 seconds but this should only happen when holding down both the volume down button and the power button at the same time. My Lumia 920, which is also running build 10.0.10586.29, can have just the power button held down and once I swipe away the power off prompt, it works normally and stays on just like I want.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I would like to use my Qi enabled car mount but it needs to push down on the power button, causing it to constantly restart.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia 950, it will reset when I hold down the power button for 10 seconds but this should only happen when holding down both the volume down button and the power button at the same time. My Lumia 920, which is also running build 10.0.10586.29, can have just the power button held down and once I swipe away the power off prompt, it works normally and stays on just like I want.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I would like to use my Qi enabled car mount but it needs to push down on the power button, causing it to constantly restart.

It is a button combo to soft reset phone(used only if something goes wrong)

Nergard

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know it is suppose to be a button combo but it is working with just a single button that my mount presses against, causing it to constantly restart

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
This is normal behavior in Windows 10 mobile with the recent (quad-core and up) snapdragon processors. Both my 950XL and 830 (running 10586.29) exhibit the behavior. My 1020 running 8.1 (latest Denim) with the dual-core cpu does not. Constantly pressing the power button on the 1020 just invokes the "slide down to power down" screen but the device remains running and the screen can be dismissed.

I'm not sure why anyone would purposely design or use an accessory that constantly pressed the power button on a device and expect good things to happen. The fact that it happens to work in older devices is more of an omission IMHO than a "feature". Pressing the power button down constantly on almost all electronic devices results in shutdown.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon