Interesting News after leaving Insider and removing App from phone?

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Here's some interesting news to share with everyone. I had moved to the 10.0.10586.36 version while a member of the Insider Program. I had decided to leave the Insider Program and did so and also removed the Insider App from my 950 Unlocked Dual Sim.

I saw the new firmware update that has been posted by Microsoft for the 950 & 950XL, so I decided to backup and do a Hard Reset. The reset completed, I signed into my account and performed a restore. All went well while pausing the Store Updates. I checked the System>Phone Updates and got the message that the Phone did not have any updates.

While poking around in settings I decided to go into System and then to About and then to More Info and to my amazement it restored my version not as stock .0 and not as Update .29, but instead it restored the phone as version 10.0.10586.36!

I am doing the happy dance on the ceiling!

So, I am running 950 unlocked with the latest version..... and no bugs at all!

Hope you all have the same experience as I did with the Hard Reset and still maintain the latest build you were on... it made life much simpler..Singing Christmas Songs now!

Merry Christmas!:excited:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
lol You haven't removed the Insider build that's all. A hard reset won't remove OS updates.

If you really want to leave the Insider Program (or remove the Insider build more exactly), you need to flash your device with WDRT. And you will end with .29.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
lol You haven't removed the Insider build that's all. A hard reset won't remove OS updates.

If you really want to leave the Insider Program (or remove the Insider build more exactly), you need to flash your device with WDRT. And you will end with .29.

Do I need to remove it in order to get future updates?
It's running so smooth I hate to change it :confused:
Please pipe in Rob and help me out here!
It's up to us all to share so that we don't get frustrated with the slow(so it seems) response from the greater Microsoft!

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

.36 rolled out to all

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Only for Insiders mate. Even WC said, as an update to the same news, that it seemed unclear was it limited to Insiders or not. It is limited to Insiders. My 950 is out of the program, no update seen, only .29. And confirmed by a lot of 950 users here, or French forums.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
An update on how the 950 is doing after a day of being reset and running version .36.
After almost 12 hours today battery is at 72%, audio hadn't skipped a bit or made a pop, Bluetooth works superb, wifi has remained consistent, LTE signal has been strong all day and the Edge browser is pulling up much faster. All in all a much better experience then before the update. No firmware update yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes