Red dot on the upper left corner on Lumia 950 booting, what is it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Red dot on the upper left corner on lumia 950 booting

Hi, Windows central forum, I just bought Lumia 950 and unpacking it.
When the first time I boot it, it shows a pink pixel on the upper left corner (black screen) on my phone.
Just before the Windows logo appeared.
It's just a blink.
What is it actually?

When the phone screen is up nothing seems weird on the spot that got the pink pixel.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happens to me anytime I reboot since I got it, but it has had no impact on performance at all. I am a little jealous this thread got replies though. I made one and no one said anything. It had me thinking I should return it.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Red dot on the upper left corner on lumia 950 booting

Hi, you shouldn't worry about it, since it is just a part of the booting process :) it happens here for me, I own a lumia 735 with 8.1

jacknewp

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Red dot on the upper left corner on lumia 950 booting

Has been on my ATT-purchased 950 since day 1......I figured it was just a startup notification like was on the several Blackberries I had previously.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sloppy coding? It looks like an oversight to me.

It's there every single time I boot, so I assume it's related to that process. Either it's something that isn't properly hidden or some artifact they never removed.

I won't be surprised if eventually an update removes it.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
The dot has been on my 950 XL since day one, even with one or two firmware upgrades already, and multiple OS upgrades on the insider program.

I see it as reminiscent of a PC showing an icon or similar message in the upper left corner symbolizing the POST is running. The pink dot goes away when the OS starts to boot, then showing the Microsoft logo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes