Ghostek Cloak series case for 950

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Anybody looking for a slim case for general day to day protection (not hardcore like OtterBox) I'd highly recommend this one. It is very tight fitting and a good slim option. One of the things I always read was the 950 lacked the look of the 925 and 930 in large part due to the metal banding. This case gives that to my 950 and with the clear case it looks like part of the phone itself.

Mike G

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
A few reviewers on Amazon mentioned the metal band seems to have a negative impact on signal strength (loss of one bar). Have you had any problems with reduced signal strength while using this case?

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have one for my 950XL, and it is a great case. It does add a little weight, and the metal edging is a bit slick to grip, but it fits and protects the phone perfectly.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried one, but my headphones and charger would not fit the cutouts. The original Microsoft charge cable worked, but not an aftermarket one. If you use the Microsoft cable or wireless charging and bluetooth exclusively then it seems like a great case, but it didn't work for me.

suburbanl3g3nd

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It's a decent case. Probably 3 of 5 stars. I'm sure some headphones won't fit. My Amazon earbuds barely seem to fit. Wireless charging def works. The Microsoft cable barely fits; any other cables would need to be trimmed a little I reckon.

Lastly, you don't lose a whole bar just because you have the metal edging. I think more what's happening is that it reduces a tiny amount of signal and the users noticing a whole bar drop were already close to two bars from three anyways.

EDIT:
OH!!!!!!! Biggest complaint. It is a B-word to get on and off. The phrase "fits like a glove" isn't accurate for it. It fits like you bought a glove a quarter size too small and it just barely fits your hand. Barely.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxerBoeler