Will it be possible in the future to run Windows applications 8 or 10 in continuums desktop?

diego866

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am a happy owner of a lumia 950 and wanted to know whether to get all the juice possible continuum may be executed in the future io applications pc games that we use in our mobile more continuum? ie, counter strike, applications exe etc, that would be the deficnitivo boom for windows mobile and continuumm, what think?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I would doubt it natively, but Project Centennial will allow devs to recompile w32 programs to UWP, so there is hope.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I would doubt it natively, but Project Centennial will allow devs to recompile w32 programs to UWP, so there is hope.

They would still be w32 apps, just packaged for the Windows Store.

You'll probably have to wait for an x86 based windows phone.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I was under the thought they weren't? Maybe I'm mistaken...

from what I understood, it literally is just packaging up the apps for distribution on the store, so a traditional install is no longer needed and everything needed for the app to run is self contained.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
so a traditional install is no longer needed and everything needed for the app to run is self contained.

Talking desktops....

That's the issue I can't understand. If a w32 app is just a store app then it's can't be self contained, it has to access DLL's (although they could be contained I guess?) and what about registry access?

I don't really know the nuts and bolts about how it will work, but I've been 'clearing' up after uninstalling w32 programs for years, that's why I like UWP :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes