Camera of 950 is amazing!

marcoslai

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
A shot in local fish shop,with auto mode,that little killifish is moving,I thought this might be a bad shot,but result was great! One of the great camera among these smartphone. :love:

WP_20160725_13_10_58_Rich_zpssxqy7gwu.jpg

wp_ss_20160726_0001.jpg

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
it's one of best bro, I was having hard time to pick it over my 1020 but I have no regrets, also much faster in camera app as well

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Really? I returned to my 1020, after owning the 950 XL for a few months, due to terrible pictures and awful video. Quite baffling how people managed to get great shots on the thing.

I'm now back with a 950 (not xl) so hopefully I can capture some great shots as above.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Really? I returned to my 1020, after owning the 950 XL for a few months, due to terrible pictures and awful video. Quite baffling how people managed to get great shots on the thing.

I'm now back with a 950 (not xl) so hopefully I can capture some great shots as above.

I think the hdr and living images affects picture quality - having the latest updates also helps

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

It was the camera app and firmware. Initially the shots on mine were terrible. After lots of updates to the camera app, the OS and firmware it has become pretty amazing.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit underexposed, but yeah it's not bad for a smartphone camera (will small optics and a small sensor). By default the Lumia 950 does some post-processing/enhancements to the image. So it's part sensor and optics, part firmware, and part software (just like ALL other digital cameras). The Lumia 950 produces good images not only because of the camera, but also because of everything else the phone has and what they "do" to the image before displaying it on the screen.

I'm not comfortable with devices that considerably alter the original as-in image, but for most users the results of the Lumia 950 will be useable.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
By the way, post photos in the forums for your devices and also on instagram -let the world know that Lumia devices can still do better than most smartphones :cool:

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Nice shot! Aside from being a bit sluggish at random times (on rare occasions mine won't take a picture when I tell it to, waiting upwards of 10 seconds before snapping the pic), the 950's camera is pretty dang good.

IDK, I've probably had every single reported issue with my 950 -- heat, poor battery life, random restarts, a Start screen that won't load, etc. -- but for me about the only praiseworthy attributes of this phone are its nice screen and great camera.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Can someone give me instructions on how to take a photo of the stage in a concert. Think about an indoor, dark environment like a bar or a theater when there are big spot lights illuminating the stage. This is usually a shot from middle to back row, when you have both the stage and the background in the frame. I keep the focus in the stage area, but still it comes out too bright to be useful. I think software is trying to make dark areas visible, that's why the stage looks too bright. How can I prevent it from doing that?

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
One thing that I never seem to see commented on is the ability to save raw DNG files along with an 8meg jpeg file. I'm not a big fan of jpeg post-processed for serious pictures, Importing them into Adobe Lightroom gives a lot more options for processing as well has avoiding compression artifacts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon