Streaming no longer works

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have two apps, iHeart and myTuner that I have used for years to stream a local AM station to listen to Rush Limbaugh during the day. For some reason, neither of these two apps have worked for the last month or two. Anyone else having this issue?

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by dacarter77
No replies? Is it because I mentioned that I listen to Rush? :)

LOL! I don't think those apps have been deprecated, so it might be your phone. iHeart
plays Limbaugh AND Chris Plante just fine for me...

My only problem w it is the wifi to cellular handshake issues that WM10 suffers from that breaks the stream, so I have to remember to start it w wifi off if I'll be leaving the house while listening.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I finally switched to TuneIn and it gives me none of the problems that iHeart had with my windows phone regarding wife-cellular handshake, bluetooth on/off, etc. I have to hit the start button on TuneIn after the wifi handoff, but it does not require a restart or even reboot as iHeart did all too often.

I was actually going to switch to an Android phone because of my trouble w/ iHeart. Love that service but they never got the Windows app right (cust support was responsive but I think they gave up on development). I'll continue w/ iHeart on my desktop, but so glad to find a radio app that works on my Win phone, which is back to being perfectly useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon