#DroidRage, really, Microsoft?!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft needs to focus on what is better about WP than the others, not try to find flaws in other platforms. As far as android malware I've had two android phones and didn't have malware issues and I'd say most android owners haven't. Microsoft needs to find a better angle or just let WP8 speak for itself.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The point of any Twitter campaign is to garner attention and make people aware of your product. It was even the #1 trending topic on Google+ for awhile. This seems to have worked.

Think of it like an annoying younger brother... or an Internet troll ;)

crazeee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The point of any Twitter campaign is to garner attention and make people aware of your product. It was even the #1 trending topic on Google+ for awhile. This seems to have worked.

No, it's backfired spectacularly. Naive and r3tarded on the part of MS

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
while no one with a brain can deny the malware problem on Android, all of the windowsrage tweets I've seen are just FUD.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

ever heard of negative publicity? yeah, not a good thing.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyway... Microsoft is gaining ground... The proof is That the quality on the threads is getting worse... Proof that there is a lot of new users ;)

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ever heard of negative publicity? yeah, not a good thing.

Negative publicity is when your business practices cause Chinese workers to jump off buildings and it gets out into the press. Taking potshots at a much larger competitor (even if they're ridiculous and unfounded) only gets you attention and makes people aware that you even have a product, which is important this early in the game. People will eventually forget about the campaign (except for Android fanboys who would never buy a WP8 device anyway), but all of a sudden there are a lot more people who have somewhere in the back of their mind that there's a third option that might be viable soon, and to keep an eye out to see if it goes anywhere.

I personally would have targeted the #droidrage campaign at OS upgrades (or lack of), rather than malware, but whatever works.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Clean your own house first before pointing fingers at others Microsoft.

The same can be said for everyone else, no? If you think that Android is a finished polished product, you're fooling yourself. I don't like negative advertising (thank you American politics), but if you think a company is going to sell based on its own virtues alone, welcome to the 21st century.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Really, why would an actual android user care about this enough to post on a WP board? I really don't think anyone could really have so little sense of humor as to be offended.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, those anti iPhone ads Samsung was running sure had a reverse impact for the Galaxy III.
Mark your post dude. 6 months later I'll come back and ask you whether this campaign had the same Galaxy S III effect or not. That phone sold nearly 20 million units in a few months. So between the 4-5 WP8 handsets that should be around 30-40 million units by Q3 2013? We'll see.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Really, why would an actual android user care about this enough to post on a WP board? I really don't think anyone could really have so little sense of humor as to be offended.

Why would any android user post on this board? But yet the obvious troll does and is having a field day in this thread and on this board.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Trolls know that this is the most popular WP forum on the web. They figure that if they could plant doubt here, then that could somehow slow MS's success.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This entire campaign is stupid. How about Microsoft take a look at multiple threads posted on these forums about how WP8 was rushed and missing basic features. Fix the damn OS already, get some kind of traction and then take a poke at competition. The reason why Samsung is poking fun at iPhone 5 with their S3 now is because S3 is outselling iPhone5. Give me my ******* orientation lock, it's not 1995.

1fishermun

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Microsoft's Droidrage nonsense being pitiful, but the os is not broken all the issues you described can be said about Android and IOS.

The bottom line is that Android, iOS, and Windows will continue to have issues due to various problems such as software and hardware mismatches. All OS's are works in progress and will continue to evolve as customers demand newer features. Lastly, if you did not want to have a discussion, please refrain from using discussion boards as it is a pointless endeavor for you. Good luck in your future prospect of phones and OS's.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I remember this Ammarmalik guy whining about some other things related to WP and MS all over this forum. I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes but it's hilarious when a company with 2% market share takes shots at a someone with 70% market share.

But enough about Apple and the "Mac versus PC" ads.

Microsoft's perfectly within their rights to point out that Android is a buggly, laggy, crash-prone, malware-riddled mess of a user experience. Security companies already note it. Carriers (even in store) point it out. App developers know it. Even Android handset vendors know it. Google's internal communications concede it.

I'm glad to see Microsoft taking on the competition. The fact that it has enraged legions of Android fanboys to the point of launching a "counter campaign" and trolling Windows Phone Central's boards only shows that it's close to the mark in accuracy and reality. Android fans are touchy about their phones' well-documented issues, after all.