Hi Microsoft, please stop using 'harmful designs' and deceptive tactics to give Edge the competitive advantage over other browsers on Windows, say...

ChipBoundary

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
Okay, so Mozilla's claim is that....users are so brain dead, they can't figure out how to install other browsers and that Microsoft suggesting Edge to its users, somehow prevents them from doing so?

No, the reason Chrome, Mozilla, and other browsers aren't being used and are losing market share is because they are straight up awful. I jumped ship from Chrome years ago, to the non-chromium Edge, because of how terrible it had gotten and it has only gotten worse.

Firefox has been terrible for even longer, literally well over a decade. I even tried a fork of it called Waterfox, and while slightly better, it still suffered a lot of issues. Nobody uses Firefox because it isn't a viable alternative to anything.

I've worked in IT for two decades and in terms of speed, resource usage, security, and privacy there is nothing that touches Chromium Edge. It is factual and has been proven by independent analysts. The settings can be a bit murky and fiddly but once you tweak everything just right, it is insanely good.

Here's a suggestion Mozilla...make a good product and you will see your market share rise. It's been a long time for you but, if buckle you down, you might just pull it off.

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Okay, so Mozilla's claim is that....users are so brain dead, they can't figure out how to install other browsers and that Microsoft suggesting Edge to its users, somehow prevents them from doing so?
It's not just that. I mean if you read the report they point out the same things people here complain about... such as injecting Edge ads on to competitor's download pages where there isn't supposed to be an ad, and if there was they didn't pay for that ad. That's something scammers do. Microsoft reeks of desperation in all their Edge and AI forcing on users lately. The browser/product should speak for itself, which as you mentioned it does, if it's flopping from a userbase standpoint, they need to do a better job at marketing it to users on proper marketing channels instead of pushing it on users in places they shouldn't even be doing it, including on competitors websites and search results, and using cheap design tactics to frequently sync data over from those browsers into Edge, and interrupting productivity workflows pushing it. They need to invest in proper consumer marketing and community like the competitors do instead of using scammer tactics.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital