And you say Microsoft isn't pushing WP8?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've seen Windows Phone 8 pop up in two TV series that I look at. 1)Revenge 2)Scandal. In revenge it's a blue HTC, and in Scandal it's Lumia 920's. (Yes. Plural). In both series, they started off in the earlier episodes using BlackBerries and iPhones, now, WP8 is in the mix.

To me, it shows that Microsoft is trying to get the word out there!

lewminous

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've seen Windows Phone 8 pop up in two TV series that I look at. 1)Revenge 2)Scandal. In revenge it's a blue HTC, and in Scandal it's Lumia 920's. (Yes. Plural). In both series, they started off in the earlier episodes using BlackBerries and iPhones, now, WP8 is in the mix.

To me, it shows that Microsoft is trying to get the word out there!

Those are 2 of my fave shows right now & I was very happy to see the windows placement. One thing I didn't like is on Scandal, when Olivia talks on her phone, the screen orientation dances back & forth. It looks very awkward & I've yet to see any Windows Phone do that in person.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I saw lots of Windows Phone on the final season of Gossip Girl!!! LOTS!

Although I did watch Identity Theft today and saw a Nokia phone, sadly it was not a Lumia =/

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Those are 2 of my fave shows right now & I was very happy to see the windows placement. One thing I didn't like is on Scandal, when Olivia talks on her phone, the screen orientation dances back & forth. It looks very awkward & I've yet to see any Windows Phone do that in person.

That was pissing me off sooooo much. The screen never rotates when you're on a call.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Everyone in NCIS LA is carrying a Lumia & now they have the surface too ! they focused on it multiple times ! the first episode they showed it , Eric brought one , unlocked it , showed the Start screen , popped up the kickstand , brought Touch cover , hooked em together , put it on a table & started typing & Video chatting at the same time ! an awesome Product Placement !

They also showed the Surface in NCIS .

Also , they are using Lumia in Hawaii Five-O & now they have a Surface too ! plus the Surface table !

eve6er69

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
If you watch house of lies last year all they used was BlackBerry torches. Now they are using 920's and surfaces.

Sent from my game boy color

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Surface is in Arrow aswell Windows Phone Devices.

They are also everywhere in Walking Dead according to a friend of mine that see that series.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I squeed like a fangirl (or boy, in my case) when I saw Sherlock use a Microsoft surface in ELEMENTARY. In fact, it seems a number of your CBS Shows (at least 4 of the most popular ones, anyways) are getting a ton of product placement from Microsoft. In fact, im surprised to not see any MS products in Persons Of Interest. (that may change though :p)

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That was pissing me off sooooo much. The screen never rotates when you're on a call.
Really annoys me when people do this. Obviously it's because they're not actually taking a real call, but it's not hard to just lock the screen for the takes in which the actor is "on the phone".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs