Ads everywhere?

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Today I went to a large shopping center in Lisbon and realized the size of the marketing push that is going around for NL 920 and 620. I mean, this is one of the largest shopping centres in Europe (was the largest in 2008 at least) and nokia/TMN were capable of placing ads in maybe 80% of all ad spots in walls and in the middle of the corridors, and that is a LOT. It is literally everywhere you turn your eyes to. I'm shocked really, in a good way :D

I really hope this affects the sales, but I think a TV campaign and more colors other than black would draw more attention..

Edit:
some photos (wpcentral app should allow for photo upload, at least I couldn't find it..), some are blurred as I took them without stopping :p

one of the elevators lobby
NWP_130317_0002.jpg

All corridors were like this..
WP_001405.jpg

Even on the parking lot
WP_001406.jpg

One of the main entrances
WP_001407.jpg

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Example of Microsoft's heavy marketing for Windows Phone.
Either way, I don't see much advertisements like these in the US, due to almost everyone here owning an Android device or an iPhone.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Either way, I don't see much advertisements like these in the US, due to almost everyone here owning an Android device or an iPhone.

I couldn't tell you the people I meet that want to get a Nokia like me but don't because of one or two apps. It's sad really but even my wife is one of them. I think WP8 is the most promising mobile OS on the market and I have used them all, but until the developers take us seriously we will be playing catch-up.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I see a heavy marketing push in the US as well; but, it's not having much of an impact. There's a bunch of Lumia and Windows Phone ads at my local shopping center and I pass by multiple Windows Phone billboards each day. Microsoft needs to change the direction of its advertising. I don't think their ads are "edgy" enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk