RT outsells ChromeBooks. Windows captures 7.5% of tablet market

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an Acer 9800, yes that's the 20" screen laptop. Its always been great n very reliable. I have just come to the point where I'm looking for a new laptop but i need 17" that can also be used as a tablet. Once the right one comes along I'm buying.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: ChromeBooks Flop, Outsold by OverPriced Windows RT Devices

not saying you are a cheap *******, just the general public that says that. I prefer Asus over Acer in most cases, but to say Acer sucks is just plain wrong.
it could also be tentative;-);-)

aniym

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The number in the Strategy Analytics report is 7.5% of Q1 2013 shipments, not "7.5% of the tablet market". Given that they're methodology only includes RT devices and not x86 hybrids, it's impressive, but saying that it has 7.5% of the market using shipment estimates for one quarter is highly misleading.

rm5432

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
7.5% is a big achievement, WP could not reach 5% in years.
Microsoft is pushing Apple to the mid end (Ipad mini), taking a relevant share of the high range 10 inch market.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

i dont buy laptops under 600 dollars, are you calling me a cheap *******? i bought an 800 dollar acer that had issues with the speaker only to replace it like 4 times because they all had they same issue? right now i have a 899$ asus and love it. Please dont generalize me, people say this about acer because of personal experience with them.and ridemyscooter86 again i didnt buy a cheap computer im the most computer savvy person in my household and i know what i look for, to me pretty means nothing id rather have functionality and ruggedness to my laptop. acer to me sucks thats my opinion and im not changing it.

I also didn't say that YOU PERSONALLY bought a cheap computer, I said, as a generalization that PEOPLE who buy cheap computers are usually displeased with them. And no, I would not consider an 800$ computer a cheap computer, also im sorry to hear that you have had speaker problems with your acer, and I'm also not telling you that you have to like them either. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. From personal experience though, EVERYBODY (not singling you out here winfan1), hates one computer brand or another...my least favorite one is asus. If you had fun with acer tech support, try ASUS. My little brother's ASUS (which I spent 800$ on) power connector on the laptop keeps breaking and I've had to send it back to them 3 times now. I realize that its a problematic model and that many of their computers don't have this issue. Now when it takes them, each time, 2 months to send it back to me, I will say that thier service is pretty lousy, so hopefully nothing happens to yours or you're in a world of pain. Also, same complaint which I have with their motherboards too, which is why I only like to buy gigabyte and msi. ASUS quality is fine, their service is sorely lacking when compared to Dell, HP, toshiba, and apple for example.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I also didn't say that YOU PERSONALLY bought a cheap computer, I said, as a generalization that PEOPLE who buy cheap computers are usually displeased with them. And no, I would not consider an 800$ computer a cheap computer, also im sorry to hear that you have had speaker problems with your acer, and I'm also not telling you that you have to like them either. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. From personal experience though, EVERYBODY (not singling you out here winfan1), hates one computer brand or another...my least favorite one is asus. If you had fun with acer tech support, try ASUS. My little brother's ASUS (which I spent 800$ on) power connector on the laptop keeps breaking and I've had to send it back to them 3 times now. I realize that its a problematic model and that many of their computers don't have this issue. Now when it takes them, each time, 2 months to send it back to me, I will say that thier service is pretty lousy, so hopefully nothing happens to yours or you're in a world of pain. Also, same complaint which I have with their motherboards too, which is why I only like to buy gigabyte and msi. ASUS quality is fine, their service is sorely lacking when compared to Dell, HP, toshiba, and apple for example.
thats why i say it could just be a tentative thing. my ASUS works fine every HP i had worked fine, hell even a couple dells i had worked great, but acer was the one pc company that i always had problems with. your right it is just based on personal experience.

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

I think you're spot on and I find it very revealing. Generally speaking most people here are better informed than the average consumer. The idea that a $200.00 product is going to perform at the same level of a high end device is absurd. Yet it does not stop so called experts from making comparisons. Further it applies across the board including WP devices. The idea that we don't need 2 gigs of memory the option of 64 gigs of storage causes people even here to break out into hives.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I think when most people think "Windows", they expect the full Windows experience. The problem is that as soon as people learn that Windows RT can't run the apps they can run on their desktops/laptops, they no longer consider RT an option.

I, personally, would consider getting a decent Win8 tablet at an RT tablet pricepoint, but I think it'll be another year or two before we see that happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon