Okay, so it's been awhile since I've been to this website, but I had a few questions about the software used to sync our phones. I apologize if this is a dumb question.

1.) Is there any difference between the Windows 7 Phone software and Windows 8 Phone software? The Microsoft website makes it appear to be different. If I have a Win 7.5 phone can I use the Win 8 Phone software?

Zune for Win 7 Phones
    Zune software for your PC | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
    Windows Phone App (Beta 3) for Win 8 Phones
    Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

2.) I'm assuming that there's no Windows 8 app for Windows Phone because I couldn't find it. So if someone has a Surface RT, how do they sync their phones?
    04-19-2013 09:16 PM
    you have to use zune to sync wp 7.x to your pc. As for phone 8, they killed sync (wireless) and you must use the windows phone desktop software to move files, music and pictures manual. WP 8 is cloud based and you really only need the software to move your drm free music to the device.

as for surface tab, AFAIK you cant use it unless u use the metro app version. if u have surface pro u can use either version. (desktop or metro)
    Snoops8 likes this.
    04-19-2013 10:44 PM