W8 Photo albums, Music Playlist, Maps awkwardness

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Could someone please explain why is it such confusing, slow, multitasking operation simply to create Music Playlist on W8phones ! Then once done, you can't seem to add new tracks to the Playlist already created ? It maybe easier using the PC, but a PC should not be a requirement for one of the most simple and basic functions on smartphones (just look at the simplicity on Android and IPhones in creating Music Playlist).

Why are we forced to use SkyDrive, PC, Phone, and a required Net connection - which ends up costing you data and battery life; simply to create Photo/Video Albums, another most simple and basic feature on Android and IPhones (which can be done with just the phone without the use of net too!). Once album is created you end with multiple folders SkyDrive, and Photo albums showing duplicates!

Why are Maps on W8 phone so empty with photos, reviews of places, and many shops/business missing - esp smaller ones. If used Googles maps on Android and even updated iPhones; you'll realise how much is missing on W8 phones with functions and features and information.

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that GDR2 is going to clear up some of the problems with Music at present. Though I haven't see anyone with GDR2 mention anything yet.

I've had no problem with maps at all. All reviews and businesses around me show up, some I didn't even know were there.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It seems GDR2 is nothing more then minor bug fixes. 9+ months to do minor bug fixing, yet still miss most things as mentioned above! This is MS again showing lack of interest in its phones!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac