IE11 30% Faster than Any Other Browser

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On a different note, what's the best way to block ads on IE11 for Windows 8.1 pro? I hate chrome on my Surface Pro because its "lower resolution" and I can't get the keyboard to work on Windows 8 Mode...

Silent Rage

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I like Metro IE11 a lot and use it everyday. But there is this one annoying issue of swiping left to right to go back and instead of showing a cached version of the page, it actually tries to refresh it and I cannot do anything in the process while it's waiting for a response from the server. They should just set a default rule of just showing a cached page ONLY if it has been less than five minutes and give me the option to refresh it if I desire it.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
one issue I don't like about IE11 as I've just replaced IE10 with it, it thinks its firefox so every page I go to it loads settings how it should be for firefox. Google homepage, and for example adblock plus homepage says to install it for firefox rather than for internet explorer

It's a feature! Have you ever had problems with certain websites with IE10? I had and many of these problems were solved when I "faked" the User Agent String (UAS) to another Browser. What I'm trying to say: Many developers make their websites so that they deny features as soon as they see the use of the IE to maintain compatibility not knowing that IE actually can handle that in the newer versions. I guess the IE team gave up and decided to use the "like Gecko" UAS to make IE11 as compatible (and accepted) as possible. I think that's a good move!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I like Metro IE11 a lot and use it everyday. But there is this one annoying issue of swiping left to right to go back and instead of showing a cached version of the page, it actually tries to refresh it and I cannot do anything in the process while it's waiting for a response from the server. They should just set a default rule of just showing a cached page ONLY if it has been less than five minutes and give me the option to refresh it if I desire it.
Here's a possible explanation. Webpages normally change content as time goes by. And, are you really going to cache Facebook or Twitter or YouTube or *gasp* Google? I think not.

Though, I agree, they should give the option.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

That swipe functionality is just like using the back and forward buttons in a standard desktop browser. Standard desktop browsers reload the page as well. Keep in mind, that page is cached, all images and CSS, etc are not reloaded.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has just launched Internet Explorer 11 Release Preview for Windows 7, so it?s no surprise that the company has already started a media campaign to promote the browser.

In a blog post describing the improvements it made in Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft claims that its new browser is 30 percent faster than any other browser on Windows 7, while also loading pages 9 percent quicker than Internet Explorer 10.

Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Is 30% Faster than Any Other Browser

nice since IE9 I switch back to Microsoft

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It wont be better than chrome because: no adblock and no pop up blocker. I honestly forgot about pop ups and ads until i accidentally opened IE one time and went on a few websites. I was bombarded with pop ups its was insane how bad the web has got with advertising. IE is junk

What? Adblock Plus is available for IE, and IE blocks all popups as a default. I had to change mine to allow popups from trusted sites. Sounds like you haven't used it.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pure speed is not as important as what Chrome gives me:

- ability to be signed into multiple accounts
- full cloud sync of bookmarks, history, extensions, open tabs
- rich extension library
- super clean UI

Also Chrome does not create a new window for every tab, polluting my Windows taskbar. I'm sorry but Microsoft should take a hard look at why people do not like IE and re-do it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

- rich extension library
- super clean UI

Also Chrome does not create a new window for every tab, polluting my Windows taskbar. I'm sorry but Microsoft should take a hard look at why people do not like IE and re-do it.

IE doesn't create a new window for every tab either if you don't have it set like that. I've always turned it off as the first thing I do. I don't know about FULL cloud sync, but my PCs IE for example syncs everything just fine to my Surface. I also honestly don't think an UI can get more minimalistic than what IE10 has, Chrome certainly isn't anything special in comparison.

What I do give you those is the lack of extensions and the ability to log on multiple accounts, especially the multiple login thing would be useful to me occasionally.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
IE doesn't create a new window for every tab either if you don't have it set like that. I've always turned it off as the first thing I do. I don't know about FULL cloud sync, but my PCs IE for example syncs everything just fine to my Surface. I also honestly don't think an UI can get more minimalistic than what IE10 has, Chrome certainly isn't anything special in comparison.

What I do give you those is the lack of extensions and the ability to log on multiple accounts, especially the multiple login thing would be useful to me occasionally.

More small things that make Chrome a superior UX to IE:

- searchable history
- searchable settings
- much cleaner context menu. IE deluges you with a gazillions things, makes the context menu useless to me.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

- rich extension library
- super clean UI

+1

As much as I hate Google, Chrome is unbeatable. By far the best browser to date.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
IE needs more third party support. It is a decent enough browser but when you have used FF and/or Chrome and have access to many extensions that make life much easier, it makes the transition back to IE that much harder.

IE7 Pro was a very neat collection of tools for IE7/8. It included mouse gestures, accuweather in the status bar, ad and flash blocker, the ability to use userscripts in the same way that Greasemonkey does, drag search, customizable Speed Dial type homepage, spell checker, download manager, prefetching, text saver and more. It made using IE so much easier. The developers abandoned the project...probably to invest their time into other browsers but it's a huge shame something like that isn't available for IE10 as I'd be seriously tempted to switch back from FF.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

- rich extension library
- super clean UI

I think you still in IE8

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It wont be better than chrome because: no adblock and no pop up blocker. I honestly forgot about pop ups and ads until i accidentally opened IE one time and went on a few websites. I was bombarded with pop ups its was insane how bad the web has got with advertising. IE is junk

AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

https://adblockplus.org/en/internet-explorer

Now stay silent as you have no idea what you're talking about

- rich extension library
- super clean UI

try changing this in settings helps.

don't be like a child and expect everything to be exactly how you like it out of the box.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I find it very intriguing Mucrosoft would quote figures from a 3? Year old (albeit most used) OS instead of Windows 8 figures.

Personally I've always liked to use IE, although I do like Chrome and Opera too. Never did get on with Firefox.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

IE has a builtin adblock...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes