Windows 10 still has more than double the market share of Windows 11, and that doesn't look like it will change any time soon

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
This is not rocket science.

Businesses don't want 11 because it is too different from 10. Home users aren't interested because they just bought new PCs 4 years ago to work from home. These 4 year old PCs continue to run fine. Plus, since many/most of these PCs can't run 11, few 10 users are seeing the nag screens to "upgrade".

Home users are not going to get a new work from home PC until their existing work from home PC no longer works. And many are no longer working from home anyway. Not to mention that since businesses are not moving to 11, they may not even allow someone working from home to use 11.

Maybe the coming Arm PCs - with great performance and great battery life - will get people to buy.

And maybe not. These are the times we are in. The days of people rushing to stores to buy new PCs - or new versions of Windows - are long gone. They are buying new phones these days.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is not rocket science.

Businesses don't want 11 because it is too different from 10. Home users aren't interested because they just bought new PCs 4 years ago to work from home. These 4 year old PCs continue to run fine. Plus, since many/most of these PCs can't run 11, few 10 users are seeing the nag screens to "upgrade".

Home users are not going to get a new work from home PC until their existing work from home PC no longer works. And many are no longer working from home anyway. Not to mention that since businesses are not moving to 11, they may not even allow someone working from home to use 11.

Maybe the coming Arm PCs - with great performance and great battery life - will get people to buy.

And maybe not. These are the times we are in. The days of people rushing to stores to buy new PCs - or new versions of Windows - are long gone. They are buying new phones these days.
I suspect that the only home users who will bother with new PCs are the gamers who need upgrades to run the newest AAA titles. However they might still run Windows 10 if they have retail, rather than OEM licences.

dimtasev

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
I suspect that the only home users who will bother with new PCs are the gamers who need upgrades to run the newest AAA titles. However they might still run Windows 10 if they have retail, rather than OEM licences.
It took a while for games to be Windows 10 only, even after official Windows 7 support was done, and now with alternate graphics runtimes like Vulkan, and no major graphics changes like DX12 being W10 only (as far as I'm aware) it might be even slower.

If I'm to move to 11 I'd have to change motherboard and maybe CPU. Well sorry but I've not seen a feature that is so good in 11 to make it worth.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895