why is internet explorer 11 lacking behind the other browsers ?!

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys, I really want an answer to this question. Internet explorer has been around forever and to be honest i love its look. The only thing stopping me from using it on my windows 7 desktop is the fact that it has the lowest score out of all the browsers on html5test.com . It really bugs me because i don't get why is it lacking behind while chrome and maxthon are on top. Am i going to see a proper internet explorer anytime soon ??? Is html5test.com a proper scale to measure the performance of a browser ???
besides the score, it can sometimes be really annoying while typing my email on microsoft.com , it just doesn't respond no matter how many times i refresh the page

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
html5test.com will give you a score based on the html5 features supported by your browser and not the performance, and since IE is hardware accelerated its performance will vary from pc to pc depending on CPU and GPU speed.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys, I really want an answer to this question. Internet explorer has been around forever and to be honest i love its look. The only thing stopping me from using it on my windows 7 desktop is the fact that it has the lowest score out of all the browsers on html5test.com . It really bugs me because i don't get why is it lacking behind while chrome and maxthon are on top. Am i going to see a proper internet explorer anytime soon ??? Is html5test.com a proper scale to measure the performance of a browser ???
besides the score, it can sometimes be really annoying while typing my email on microsoft.com , it just doesn't respond no matter how many times i refresh the page

HTML5test.com is a joke of a website. It lists actual features and even some that maybe could be, as well as things that have nothing to do with html5.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Me personally, would love to use IE, but instead use Firefox. The reason? Add-ons. I use webmail notifier, Alexa Sparky and IE tab. Were those available on IE, I'd jump ship in a flash!

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The HTML5 test website tests for compatibility with a set of HTML5 features. It's not a measure of browser performance. If you use BrowserMark or SunSpider, you'll find that IE 11 Preview has better performance than Chrome 30.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too agree, add-ons are the reason I stick with Chrome. It is getting fat and a bit slow these days, dont know why. But still is the best for my needs

Chief_Adu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess it due to the lack of add-ons for IE.

I have to say that the speed of IE11 has been improved if I compare it with IE 8 & 9. It even doesn't use loads of RAM if I compare it with Chrome or Firefox who get meltdowns by time to time...

jbigelow

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Chrome and Firefox will probably always be ahead of IE when it comes to implementing new features in html and JavaScript, Chrome updates silently all the time but IE takes a more measured approach so as not to **** off corporate IT departments by introducing possible breaking changes unannounced.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@ Michael Alan Goff

I use 'IE tab' in FFx because some sites run correctly in IE and instead of having to open a new browser, you just do an instant switch with a single button press. Had the other add-ons I mentioned been available under IE, I think it would be a much more even playing ground. It's this usability which make me prefer FFx - for now.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think I agree with jbigelow, Microsoft probably updates slower than all other browsers because of how corporate environments don't want IE to break the rendering of sites after updates.

One thing is for sure, Microsoft showed that they can take IE a huge step towards modernization in the update from IE8 to IE9. After that, IE10 was a few additions, and IE11 seems to be a few more of those too. It would be great if Microsoft could take more steps toward implementing more HTML5 standards, because I did notice that a handful of sites simply worked much better in other browsers compared to IE.

angusdegraosta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
IE is way better than it used to be. It's my default in 8. I use it equally with Chrome, but Firefox and Opera get a good amount of love too. I like seeing how sites I use get rendered in each browser.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've kept trying to use IE again and again and I always switch back to google chrome. I just think chrome is faster and more stable, even though IE is very competitive now, I think the problem is that google constantly updates chrome where MS just can't update IE as fast because of businesses.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
IE11 is my favorite browser so far. I used to always prefer Chrome, but IE11 finally puts Microsoft back on top with browsers for me!

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It would be great if Microsoft could take more steps toward implementing more HTML5 standards, because I did notice that a handful of sites simply worked much better in other browsers compared to IE.

Some of that is intentionally coding web sites for specific browsers.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I agree with jbigelow, Microsoft probably updates slower than all other browsers because of how corporate environments don't want IE to break the rendering of sites after updates.

One thing is for sure, Microsoft showed that they can take IE a huge step towards modernization in the update from IE8 to IE9. After that, IE10 was a few additions, and IE11 seems to be a few more of those too. It would be great if Microsoft could take more steps toward implementing more HTML5 standards, because I did notice that a handful of sites simply worked much better in other browsers compared to IE.

Chrome and Firefox will probably always be ahead of IE when it comes to implementing new features in html and JavaScript, Chrome updates silently all the time but IE takes a more measured approach so as not to **** off corporate IT departments by introducing possible breaking changes unannounced.
'

You guys also have to remember that trident also powers explorer. Wouldn't there be a chance to really mess something up if they didn't take a measured approach?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon