htc sinking fast

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the comment on the website that there is no more room for anyone at android. Samsung owns it now. HTC should refocus and go hard at Nokia and Windows phone. Nokia makes a good product. But build quality is questionable IMO. Come on board and build Windows Phone.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I bet they will make some decent money off the Amazon phone assuming the reports are true. Margins won't be high, but I bet a lot will be sold or packaged with other products. Amazon has shown time and time again that they know how to sell. Their best bet might be to run with that and attempt to be the only maker for Amazon.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Good point Mase. I had not read that but good point..especially about the margins. My guess is the margins might not be enough to sustain HTC as a company at Amazon but if things are as bad as what is leaking into the press, they will be making a move. Probably soon.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I should say this though: I currently work for Amazon and have for about 3 years. I know not all journalist are open about their possible bias, but I will be!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, HTC will get the hardware build quality right on the Amazon devices.

I never gave HTC Windows Phones a second thought, since I know people who had issues with defective hardware on their HTC Androids. HTC's quality assurance seems to have gone downhill, as seen on some of the threads and articles on Android Central.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, HTC will get the hardware build quality right on the Amazon devices.

I never gave HTC Windows Phones a second thought, since I know people who had issues with defective hardware on their HTC Androids. HTC's quality assurance seems to have gone downhill, as seen on some of the threads and articles on Android Central.

So you're convinced HTC's next stop is Amazon? I hope they survive.
I still have a soft spot for HTC. They were my first smart phone AND my first Windows Phone on Sprint.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So you're convinced HTC's next stop is Amazon? I hope they survive.
I still have a soft spot for HTC. They were my first smart phone AND my first Windows Phone on Sprint.

My first smartphone was a Nokia Symbian E62. I've always had Cingular/AT&T.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My Palm Treo was awesome back in the day! It was still at a time when most people still had to pay for ringtones, and I could just use an mp3 file. I felt a little special!

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had numerous htc phones, evo, evo 3d, one s, one x. All worked quite well. I hope they can hang on. The amazon path sounds like a good plan for them.

TechniqS

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Simply enough, I don't know if I would even consider them for purchase anymore. I use to be a diehard HTC fan, but the last HTC I owned was an HD7. Ever since I've switched to Nokia. One of the main reasons I loved them was because of their phones with physical keyboards (and buttons) but that's a long forgotten fad :(. Sad to say but if they go Amazon that would be seen as a last ditch effort before their eventual end.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It will be very interesting to see how this deal with Amazon goes. I feel it's make or break for HTC in the upcoming 12 months. They have a few options on where to go from now, but I already feel like them being an exclusive WP maker like Nokia will simply not happen. In fact I could see them soon going Android/Amazon only. If they have signed this deal with Amazon, that will be their strategy for a while. I doubt they will make more WP devices whilst doing more with Android for Amazon. I would like to see them do more with WP and boost WP's marketshare, but I think to myself, they have had the chance with WP and they blew it. Nokia got it right, and no Nokia haven't made a bucket load of money or got WP up there with Android, but if you look at where WP and Nokia were not that long ago, I'd say Nokia have done a good job. I feel for HTC in a way, as even though I have only owned one of their phones, their designs are nice and they can make damn good phones when they want to, but they have let a few things slip and they have been punched hard by Samsung on one side and Nokia on the other. No idea where they will end up though.. we'll just have to wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes