Can Microsoft work with Nokia now?

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
With the shareholders' approval, does this mean Microsoft can now use Nokia's Devices and Services division to start their projects? I know the deal won't be finalized until early next year, but I really hope they can start working together now as I can't wait to see what they can accomplish.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They still have to act as separate entities. They can work together companies that do business with each other.

The acquisition isn't finalized yet, so they still can't act like MS is calling the shots. MS can't control their products.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Surface Phone with Snapdragon 1000, runs REAL Xbox games, mobile style (like Titanfall mobile, Forza mobile, etc), 5 inch screen, 3GB RAM, 32GB with microSD, 1080p display, 20MP camera, highly improved front camera (adding some Kinect features maybe?), high quality speakers and microphone, Surface and Lumia design combined, Qi or PMA wireless charging (needs cover, person can pick if they want Qi or PMA), gorilla glass 4, attachable keyboard (sold separately), runs windows phone 8.1, a massive battery (not just to help run these things better, to actually improve the battery life), and more. Yes, I am dreaming, but I'm sure Microsoft/Nokia at CES 2014 or 2015 or MWC 2014 or 2015 can release something very close to what I described. If they can do it, I'll buy ten!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
They can start working together once it is complete. Otherwise, they'd just fall victim to the antitrust laws.

If they do manage to pull it off...

Nokia Lumia Laptop with Haswell and with 1000 hour battery life, please ;)

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Surface Phone with Snapdragon 1000, runs REAL Xbox games, mobile style (like Titanfall mobile, Forza mobile, etc), 5 inch screen, 3GB RAM, 32GB with microSD, 1080p display, 20MP camera, highly improved front camera (adding some Kinect features maybe?), high quality speakers and microphone, Surface and Lumia design combined, Qi or PMA wireless charging (needs cover, person can pick if they want Qi or PMA), gorilla glass 4, attachable keyboard (sold separately), runs windows phone 8.1, a massive battery (not just to help run these things better, to actually improve the battery life), and more. Yes, I am dreaming, but I'm sure Microsoft/Nokia at CES 2014 or 2015 or MWC 2014 or 2015 can release something very close to what I described. If they can do it, I'll buy ten!

Maybe I'm missing something, but what on the list could not be done by Microsoft or Nokia working independently?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes