Will you keep using windows phone or move on other os?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Windows is future, but i hate the present..its disappointing..

I regularly recorded my lectures through android phone, than i sold it thinking wp has better media.. But i am doomed, not a single recorder is upto mark.. Its is not that windows phone lacks hardware.. Surprisingly, recording on whatsapp and video recording is just awesome.. Microsoft dint made an inbuilt recording app?? Nor even nokia is making any efforts to make any stable recording apps.. Nokia makes crap nokia chat beta, which is a waste, why cant they make one stable recorder?? I wonder how WhatsApp and video recording has flawless audio quality recording?? I lost so many lectures without recording, i am doomed.. I have to attend lecture more 12 months.. Recording audio was only option as later i can recall.. But basic things are missing in windows phone.. I tried almost all apps in stores.. Poor quality of recording, it often crashed for long recording... My class lectures are long, 5-6 hours.. I can't miss recording for a single minute.. But... Leave.. M very sad.. Sorry guys..

Moreover, MSFT is least bothered about Non-USA region..

Scroogled campaign disappointed me about Microsoft behaviour. Microsoft choose to cut competitor instead of competing..

Lack of quality apps, totally unstable, beta , betas and betas...currently and totally depressed due to over decision of switching to Lumina/Window phone, can't buy new phone either.. I have spend all savings for my classes...

Just a better recorder could made me happy..

First and last windows phone, Lumia 625...

Sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for WP 8.1. If that does not fix certain issues I have(pdf handling, XBOX music woes, etc.) then I'm off to try something else.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I will stick to Windows Phone, but BB10 now has third party Instagram and Snapchat apps. Kind of interested in having a keyboard again. So may have a WP8 and a Q10. Also kind of intrigued by the Jolla phone.

simpkijd

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting turn which may impact Windows Phone use in the future.. Especially for me.

I'm a happy owner of a L1020, past user of L920 and L900. I really like the devices but a recent policy change at my employer my impact my decision to remain on the platform. We are implementing a BYOD policy at work but only iOS and Android devices are supported. If I choose to let the company install security software on my smartphone, I can get my work emails, calendar, contacts, etc on my device. Most people would call that a curse but if if you sign up for the program, you get financially compensated to the tune of about $1100 a year. So in other words, I can switch to an android or iOS device and get paid an extra $1100 / year to do it......

I'm not too thrilled about having all the work stuff on my personal phone but walking away from $1100/year is enough to think about moving away.... I'm not interested in carrying two devices as that is what I currently do. I have my L1020 for my personal stuff and a company supplied blackberry for work. The new policy would have you turn in your blackberry and then you get the extra cash... Something to think about??

How many of you would give up $1100/year to stick with your current WP?

visnit14

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
WP for life. many a times i get annoyed and irritated by flaws and limitations of this OS or lack of some important apps but at the end of the day i fall in love with it all over again.I so much like the feel of it. The happiness and exuberance when a flagship app arrives ,the joy when good and great things are said or written for WP , the excitement when something big happens with it...these feelings are unparalleled.You can get just about everything on android and iOS but the the feel of growing with WP is amazing.I am sticking with it forever.

Sent from my white Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I came off of 7.8 and I asked myself long and hard if I wanted to change to an IPhone or stay with windows phone. I answered that question by getting a 1520 and I don't regret it one bit. Yes this OS might not be as polished as the others but moving from 7.8 to 8.0 was enough of an upgrade for me.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying with windows phone. Also, I'm so excited for Windows Phone 8.1! I hope it adds a lot, and fixes a lot! And I hope the surface phone comes too! 😃

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I keep the phone for another year then I will switch to android.
All the WP limitations make me feel fooled as both developer and user. Just to mention one: I don't have full control of my personal data because I can't export/backup my sms in a file (txt, xml, xls) that I can read/browse.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've already switched my primary phone to an iPhone and have ZERO regrets! My 920 is a fun backup, used for games and browsing certain apps like this one. My tablet is an Android, so I get to have/enjoy the 3 major OS's. Feels nice to be able to enjoy them all and not limit myself to one ecosystem.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have no plans on moving. I like the Windows ecosystem and I'm heavily invested in it, too. I've put up with the shortcomings this far, it will only get better the further we get anyways :p

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft doesn't add some important features to WP then at summer I will buy a high end android phone

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

There will some nice ones available. Galaxy S5 and maybe Note 4, HTC One replacement and probably a LG G2 replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've actually tried two times to go to android and once for iOS and come back every time. Yes, android has more apps but the OS experience was horrible. Freezes, random restarts, app crashes, and terrible slowdowns frustrated me at every turn. Stability and speed are worth a lot to me...and wp8 is the best that's I've used. iOS was better than android but I hated the lack of hardware choice and the apple lock in that's demanded of you. So couldn't be happier - nor could the wife who wouldn't give up wp8 unless they discontinued it.

I use Android and WP. I don't have any of those issues with my LG G2. It's smooth, fast, stable and the battery is unbelievable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Nexus 5, and I ended up returning it a few days later, so to answer your question, I will stay with WP.. Apps will come by, and I'm satisfied with my Lumia 920 (except for the damn Tmo internet sharing bug.)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I went from 521 to 810 to 822 to 925 in a span of 60 days. I am not thinking of 1020 or 1520.

I might get another device probably a Nexus 5 or Moto X or Moto G but I will still use WP since integration with work stuff is awesome. I hate the other skins on Android and not being able to upgrade the software is a deal breaker for me.

I am on T-Mo and on Android the "My Account" app recommended I restart my device once a week, I do not get that on WP!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2