Will you keep using windows phone or move on other os?

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I purchased L625 about 4 months ago...i like my phone...it's not laggy as compared to android phones which I have been used previously....i like that I switched to WP...,so I prefer the windows phone...and main thing is the battery life of the WP...

Last edited:

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll stay with it. I have a L928 now and I'm excited to see what awesome phone will be available when it's time to get a new one. WP is smooth, powerful, attractive, and still has so much potential to improve in areas like getting more apps, better cameras, batteries, screens, processors, etc. I'm excited for Windows Phone's future. 🙌

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am planning to move on from Windows Phone.
I'll buy Android phone(will be my first Android phone)
Now Android offer pretty fast and smooth OS experience.
Not to mention Google services are better than Microsoft for non USA users.
And Android app ecosystem is also better.

My experience on Windows Phone is just ok ok ( not bad neither good)
I like Windows Phone developers preview but other than that , it's just ok. May be because Microsoft services are more US oriented.

I am thinking to buy Moto X successor or next Nexus (if it's exist)

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I hate the fruit company so I have never used them and will never use them. I recently moved from Android (so glad that I did) and now I'm staying with Windows forever. Windows OS is smoother and has everything I need. Android had been a nightmare with constant freezes and lags and reboots. I owned Samsung Captivate, Infuse and Note 2, all had lag and I had to constantly reboot every single day. WP has yet to freeze on me and has been running smooth since day one.

Last edited:

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
If my phone were to break tomorrow, I'd be on the hunt for another Windows phone.
I don't like Google or Apple, Microsoft is the lesser of three evils.

I also like the layout of the start screen far better than any other smartphone I've had or seen.

jhayEL

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm now planning to switch back to Android. The absence of web filter app in the store is a big deal for me. If only they have that option in IE it might not be a problem. Microsoft need to seriously consider this. I hope they will soon!

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I bough a 521 about 4 months ago. And I really like it. I also love Windows Phone 8.1 so of course I will buy another WP phone. I'm already looking at my options... 920.... Or 1320... Decisions, decisions, decisions!!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
tl;dr possibly switching; definitely buying some new flagship off-contract this December so I can keep options open.

I'm going to have a very, very tough decision when the 2 year contract on my Lumia 920 expires in November. Microsoft won me over with their fresh approach (Metro UI, hubs, tiles) and the promise of integration across phone, tablet, pc and TV. I happily gave up my iPhone 4 and any thoughts of an iPad. But two years into WP, and three months into Windows 8.1 (with a Dell Venue 8 Pro) I'm starting to feel like a second-class digital citizen. As much as I love my 920, I want something lighter and with a much faster camera. The DV8Pro is a great value, but the low-resolution screen is getting old- as is the lack of apps, and the occasional hassle of dealing with and "managing" full Windows. I'm tired of bugging companies to release apps on these platforms. I'm tired of Microsoft not making more of an effort. I felt a little better after /BUILD and after getting WP8.1, but having seen the recent Apple and Google conferences I feel like Microsoft continues to fall farther behind with each passing season. We're now waiting for Threshold in mid-2015 to solidify the Windows phone/tablet situation, which means another 12-18 months of treading water (during which time we'll see another rev of iOS and Android, and Apple and Google likely go even further in the TV, automobile and wearables spaces). Oh, and just six months from now Nokia will be free to re-enter the smartphone business. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if there is any way I *wouldn't* switch this winter. I don't know, maybe my love of metro and the promise of what could be will keep me on board a little longer. Either way, I'm not signing another two year contract. I'll get some new flagship off-contract, and probably a new tablet in the spring. If I had to guess, I'll be looking at an iPhone 6 and an iPad; at least they'll hold their resale value for a while in case I decide to change again.

Last edited:

penetronn

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You took the words right out of my mouth. Constantly preaching to others about features that aren't even that novel anymore and having to bother my workplace to support the platform all the time had worn thin on me. At this point I'm giving them one more chance with windows 10, but if it's as unsupported as windows phone I'm giving up. Just need to find an android phone that accepts 128 GB microsd and plays WMA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire