Is there any way to change MS account e-mail without resetting the phone?

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
My MS account e-mail is Gmail. We all know that Google sucks, so I want to change it to @outlook. Is there a way to do it without resetting the phone and loosing saved games and so on?

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No, as far as I am aware there is no physical way of doing this without re-setting your phone, as your phone is linked to the gamertag that uses the email.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is an interesting question. The short answer is 'no' but what if you created an alias on the same Microsoft account? You should be able to use that for e-mail at least. Now if you changed the primary to that new alias, the phone will no longer work without resetting, but let's say you did so and reset it. Would it keep your settings and apps and stuff from before? Anyone tried it?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Create an Alias against that account with an outlook.com address and make it your primary Alias.

Phone will continue working without you having to reset the phone. I did this a couple of months ago when I decided to move to outlook.com from hotmail.co.uk.

Didn't cause me any problems at all. All you have to do is remember to use your new primary Alias email address on any service you happen to log into.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes