01-13-2014 12:03 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    The 920 was the first flagship phone for WP8. I don't see it not getting 8.1. Poor speculation.
    Not sure who you're talking too...

Not based on MS but on carrier. Even MS has admitted that a person may not get the update because of the carrier. Let's face it, an almost 2 year old phone to most carriers is going to seem like a waste of time. They'd rather just offer a new phone and contract to the person. More money for them.

There's every possibility I won't get the update. My phone is from EE here in the UK who was kicked off the exclusive carrier's list so they hold no passion for WP at all. They were the last to give us Amber though they seem to be pushing out Black, so far. I may have to flash my phone with a different ROM or maybe MS will provide some work around. Let's wait and see.
    01-13-2014 10:46 AM
    Not sure who you're talking too...

Not based on MS but on carrier. Even MS has admitted that a person may not get the update because of the carrier. Let's face it, an almost 2 year old phone to most carriers is going to seem like a waste of time. They'd rather just offer a new phone and contract to the person. More money for them.

There's every possibility I won't get the update. My phone is from EE here in the UK who was kicked off the exclusive carrier's list so they hold no passion for WP at all. They were the last to give us Amber though they seem to be pushing out Black, so far. I may have to flash my phone with a different ROM or maybe MS will provide some work around. Let's wait and see.
    Wasn't addressing you, but that's ok. I'll disagree and say I fully expect my 920 to get the update. Now I'm on ATT and not EE. That may be a difference, maybe not. But I don't agree with a blanket statement. Dependant on carrier disclaimer, maybe.
    01-13-2014 10:54 AM
    Wasn't addressing you, but that's ok. I'll disagree and say I fully expect my 920 to get the update. Now I'm on ATT and not EE. That may be a difference, maybe not. But I don't agree with a blanket statement. Dependant on carrier disclaimer, maybe.
    MS has stated that all current WP8 phones will be available for update but they did stress carrier dependent. There's an article with them stating this. I can't seem to find the article. Sigh...
    01-13-2014 11:03 AM
    MS has stated that all current WP8 phones will be available for update but they did stress carrier dependent. There's an article with them stating this. I can't seem to find the article. Sigh...
    Lol, no need to find it. I believe you. I guess I don't have any horror stories or bad experiences with ATT yet so I'm looking on the positive side. And of course carrier dependant covers a lot of carriers, not just ATT and EE.
    01-13-2014 11:21 AM
    I have an AT&T 920, and I'll be surprised if it gets 8.1. The 920 will be nearly 2 years old by the time 8.1 is released, and AT&T will have many newer phones to worry about. There's also the fact that a lot of the 920s are probably on 2 year contracts that will be ending, which means that the user will be replacing the phone anyway.
    01-13-2014 12:03 PM
80 ... 234