SkyDrive is now OneDrive

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm still pissed that they had to change the name (still pissed about the loss of Metro too), but I'm good with OneDrive. It fits with Microsoft's new "One Microsoft" vision, so it works well.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm still pissed that they had to change the name (still pissed about the loss of Metro too), but I'm good with OneDrive. It fits with Microsoft's new "One Microsoft" vision, so it works well.

I don't think it was an actual loss, more like they gave in once realizing where they were headed with their unification. XBox One was getting ready, they were already working at a One Microsoft and working on a Windows One OS, only makes sense that they would want to drop Skydrive to become OneDrive for all their services.

It now becomes the central core to unifying their services together. I don't see why people don't see that.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think OneDrive is probably the best alternative, although I liked Skydrive name a lot. Sucks that these stupid companies have to stroke their e-peens by trying to own the word "Sky" or "Metro".

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've always been surprised that Microsoft SkyDrive and Google Drive have peacefully co-existed (or have they; I've never heard of any problems). If one of them was Apple there probably would've been some issues!

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I did think about today when I saw this - SkyDrive has pretty decent name and branding recognition. On the whole that recognition is positive, something Microsoft really needs.

I am sure that searching SkyDrive will continue to bring you where you need to be, but they'll need a pretty diligent awareness campaign to let people know this is the same thing!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Should have called it Xdrive. Then, when Windows 10 comes out, we'd have Xdrive, Xbox, Xwin and Xphone. Way cool.

They would have to buy XDrive from the owner. There used to be a service back in the day called xdrive which is similar to what is going on with cloud service today..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They'll have to change the logo. The clouds don't go well with the new name, since people associate clouds being in the sky.

Any idea what would be a good logo for OneDrive?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon