Do you still use Windows 7?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
On my desktop,went from XP to Win7 Ultimate x86, then set up dual boot with Win8.1 x64 all within the span of about 2 months or so. I then found myself hardly using 7 as I REALLY like 8.1. With a mouse its simple in Metro. I didn't/don't like it with just a track pad though. In touch 8.1 is AWESOME!! I have a Lenovo Flex 10 "convertible" now and I just love it!!

soundscan9800

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I really, really enjoyed that concept from a while back that made the rounds on the tech sites from Jay Machalani (???). If Windows 9 is anything like that, take my effing money now!

Posted via the WPC App!

Wow Microsoft teased the new start menu and it's just like the concept from Jay Machalani! I like where they're going. Now I'm actually tempted to upgrade to Windows 8.

Posted via the WPC App!

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get why people are still whining about windows 8/8.1, IMHO the tiles look fantastic and the functionality is amazing as well. Did Win 7 have a real store? Nope! There has been an improvement in the performance of my PC from Win 7. I think Microsoft should get rid of the desktop and add a new, modern file explorer. Desktop is the thing that doesn't go with the modern UI of Win 8. I have a BootCamped mac and now I rarely use Mavericks. Windows store has real games. I think people are just afraid of changes

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get why people are still whining about windows 8/8.1.
Because Microsoft tried to force a mobile/tablet OS onto Desktop users who use mouse and keyboard.

IMHO the tiles look fantastic and the functionality is amazing as well.
The tiles are great, they work amazingly on Windows Phone, and Surface. Why? Because they are touch devices. You honestly must be in denial if you prefer a touch first start screen to a mouse and keyboard first start menu. The new start menu in Windows 8.1 Update 2 is what they should have shipped Windows 8 with. I love the Modern tiles, but they just don't work with Mouse and keyboard at the moment.

think Microsoft should get rid of the desktop and add a new, modern file explorer. Desktop is the thing that doesn't go with the modern UI of Win 8.
NO!!!!! If they want to alienate almost every Windows user, they can go ahead. Get rid of the Desktop on Windows RT, but never on full Windows. To get rid of all the Win32 and .NET software ever created by removing the Desktop would be suicide for Microsoft.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The start screen does the exact same thing as the start menu. But it does it much better. And windows 8.1 has huge performance gains. There is no down side but a slight learning curve that takes little time to get the hang of

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
The start screen does the exact same thing as the start menu. But it does it much better. And windows 8.1 has huge performance gains. There is no down side but a slight learning curve that takes little time to get the hang of

I disagree, because on my laptop, the transition to the start screen is slower than the opening of the start menu was. Even when running an XP VM on Windows 8.1, the XP start menu loads up faster than the start screen on 8.1.

I don't hate the start screen, I just don't like it when using my mouse. Apart from that, I love Windows 8.1

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yep, never liked 8, always though it was a more of a touchscreen os, I hate the UI. Everything works on 7 without issues and the bugs are fairly worked out as well so I see no reason to switch. Ill continue to use it until MS give me a reason not to which is something that doesn't seem like is going to happen anytime soon.

Skunkwurx

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
For the most part I use windows 8 and get annoyed at anything else because I have gotten used to w8 and learned the quick way to everything... now that I know it I use it faster than 7 ever was for me... Now that's with a Roccat on a 40", touchscreens I like with windows 8 and always end up using touch on a laptop. Laptops with out touch? I HATE windows 8 on sh&ty tackpad windows machines... Lord god what is the problem with doing good big WORKING trackpads... Everyone! see the way Apple gets applause for their track pad? don't copy exactly but by god don't just do nothing...... AAAAAAAARFJHGNHJHLHGU?GVYUF.... hmmm sorry

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
My PC runs on Windows 8.1 now but I have Windows 7 and Windows XP on virtual machines, in case I need to do stuff only available to those systems, or for fun.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm still running Windows 7 on my home desktop and also on my work desktop. But my work laptop is running 8.1.

So far, I've seen no reason to upgrade the desktops. But 8.1 is perfect on my work laptop, which also has a touch screen.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah!
I love Windows 7.

I used one month Windows 8.1(in desktop) but it doesn't suit my taste neither my family. The reaction after using Windows 8.1 was ....."What the hell is this cr*p"
You will find it funny but I don't know a single person in real life who love or use Windows 8 or 8.1.

I think I'll consider Windows 9 as an upgrade.

Last edited:

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Do ya? I assembled my current desktop a year ago w/Windows 7. I've owned W8 tablets & hybrids but my W7 continues to be my main personal machine. My laptop from work is also W7.

I'm not a W8-hater, but I don't see the end of W7 for me for quite a long time. Anyone else?
Are u kidding? Win 7 all the way baby!!!

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows 7 is too slow... Booting it up takes ages when compared to 8.1... Try it out and get one of the start menu solutions in the meantime if you don't like the Metro world... The rest is almost all the same.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
W7 with an SSD boots pretty darn quick. I still remember the first few times I booted it up, I barely saw the boot screen animation. It has slowed down over time, but nothing drastic. It is also my gaming rig, so it has some power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon