Changing to US region in order to get Cortana -Issues-

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldofarias82

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Does someone know what kind of mess will I summon if I set my WP region to US "just" to give cortana a shot? I live in Mexico by the way and I have seen some WP on the street but iPhones are the most common smartphone in my city.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Does someone know what kind of mess will I summon if I set my WP region to US "just" to give cortana a shot? I live in Mexico by the way and I have seen some WP on the street but iPhones are the most common smartphone in my city.

Lol there will only be a problem if you have apps that are specifically for Mexico

aldofarias82

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully cortana is less "racist" than Siri when it comes to accents, but it's always a good thing to interact with her via keyboard.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At first when I read the thread title I thought you were thinking about moving to the US just to get Cortana hahah. But I don't think there would be a problem legally. I was also thinking about the accent or language thing but hopefully there aren't any issues there.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
At first when I read the thread title I thought you were thinking about moving to the US just to get Cortana hahah. But I don't think there would be a problem legally. I was also thinking about the accent or language thing but hopefully there aren't any issues there.

The accent might be a problem, but I still believe as many people as possible should try 8.1 out.. The more feedback MS can get, the better it will be.. This will allow them to work faster

Nikitha Reddy

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to change my region to US. Even though the region shows as United States, the currency is a pound sterling and I don't have cortana on my phone. any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon