Why is Google being so unprofessional?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have never seen someone on Android Central say Microsoft was evil. Though I agree with your other points. Though I don't think it is a good idea to let biases taint the community.

I think it was one of the open-source fans that trickle into AC that said it since (I'm assuming) he thinks that Microsoft still hates open source, but I'm just saying that you can't stop all biases and its hard to explain stuff to people who don't want to listen. Hell, just look at what usually happens to us on crackberry.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I antagonize others? Interesting as when most of the posts of the past page are talking about how much of a troll I am, or how my credibility is. If anything I am personally attacked and I don't ever report it. I get antagonized and stalked and get called names like troll and then people report me? Is that how the community works around here?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Because I have never trolled here in the almost 2 years I have been here. Not only that I was here reading WPCentral when a certain author was not even working at the Verge yet. I have no reason to Troll here. I have never gone around and said '"WP sux" or "Microsoft sux". The only thing I have been saying lately is how the perception of Google around here is skewed so heavily that no one wants to see actual facts. But no, no one wants to see how bias is heavy here. They just want to point fingers at me because I am the only one willing to speak up about how ludicrous it is that people can say such uninformed things.

Trolling or not trolling, who cares? Some of us simply do not like Google. Why can't you just leave it at that? Arguing won't get you anywhere. NOBODY CARES that you like Google. You are not going to change our minds.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Trolling or not trolling, who cares? Some of us simply do not like Google. Why can't you just leave it at that? Arguing won't get you anywhere. NOBODY CARES that you like Google. You are not going to change our minds.

I never said that I like Google. I actually don't like Google. I don't like any company. I may like some company's services but that is it. I didn't want anyone to change anyone's minds about anything! I was simply pointing out when things like personal anecdotes and misinformation go around. But that's fine. I am sorry for disturbing your bubble.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I never said that I like Google. I actually don't like Google. I don't like any company. I may like some company's services but that is it. I didn't want anyone to change anyone's minds about anything! I was simply pointing out when things like personal anecdotes and misinformation go around. But that's fine. I am sorry for disturbing your bubble.
My bubble is the strongest thing in existence, you cannot hurt it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My bubble is the strongest thing in existence, you cannot hurt it.

Lol. I actually laughed at that.

Off-Topic: It's funny how we reference things like bubbles or balls as being strong or having durability when in all actuality they are some of the weakest things on the planet. I wonder if it is an english thing?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I frequent iMore, Android Central, and this forum. My perception is that there is a lot more trash talking of other platforms on this forum than on the others. There is a lot less tolerance here. WPCentral is even moderated differently.

I believe that at least part of this comes from the feeling of being the underdog at the moment. But just wait; that could change soon! WPCentral might be laughing soon enough!

I do somewhat agree with A895 though that the perception of Google is skewed here. If users here actually hated Google, why are they upset that Google won't bring their services to WP? I use a mixture of Microsoft & Google, selecting the hardware & services from each that suit me the most.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I frequent iMore, Android Central, and this forum. My perception is that there is a lot more trash talking of other platforms on this forum than on the others. There is a lot less tolerance here. WPCentral is even moderated differently.

I believe that at least part of this comes from the feeling of being the underdog at the moment. But just wait; that could change soon! WPCentral might be laughing soon enough!

I do somewhat agree with A895 though that the perception of Google is skewed here. If users here actually hated Google, why are they upset that Google won't bring their services to WP? I use a mixture of Microsoft & Google, selecting the hardware & services from each that suit me the most.

I will go a step further and say CrackBerry members are heavily biased and skewed towards other platforms. They don't like any company outside of Blackberry yet love Android apps. Mention anything negative of BlackBerry and all hell breaks loose. It's a shame because BlackBerry was the platform that I actively tried to get last year (was at a T-Mobile store and they were taking my information down and everything), but it cost too much at the time for me to get it (they asked for over $250 because I have no credit history!). So I ended up staying on Android and I am glad I did because boy between August of last year and now, Android improved dramatically and it will take a lot for me to leave it now. Android is the best for having the best of all companies services in my opinion.

Back On topic: I think the harsh reality is that Google may never give WP a fair shake because they are small enough to be ignored. Maybe next year? I don't know but for now, I can't see Google using the resources. Maybe if Microsoft is willing to work with them for some apps maybe.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I love these Google vs. Microsoft threads, I'm talking pure laugh riot. I read about Larry Page, Eric Schmidt and all the other mouthpieces and it makes me laugh. At the end of the day, it's the shareholders who ultimately decide which direction a company goes in. They don't care one whit about users and how passionate they are. The almighty Dollar Bill rules.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
omg dude we have terrible service from samsung here like i said before,its pointless to buy it, get issues most of the time and not get service/refund

I totally agree with you, Samsung is a terrible company all around. I can tell you from my own personal experiences and being a member of the galaxy forum, many, many issues with a lot of their products.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I love these Google vs. Microsoft threads, I'm talking pure laugh riot. I read about Larry Page, Eric Schmidt and all the other mouthpieces and it makes me laugh. At the end of the day, it's the shareholders who ultimately decide which direction a company goes in. They don't care one whit about users and how passionate they are. The almighty Dollar Bill rules.

Facts.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It still would be considered anecdotal. They sell millions of devices, unless they have a collective claim or file put against them, everything you experienced and the people around you experienced is anecdotal and isolated experiences.

Even personally this it the first time I have ever heard of Samsung device failing.

not really, alot of people keep reporting problems with samsung
you should check out youtube, tonnes of videos of burnt samsung devices and especially capacitor issues
i really dont believe you can possibly not have someone in your real life , who doesnt complain about samsung
almost everyone has bought atleast one of their products and its guaranteed to fail in some way or the other if its a TV(capacitors) or a phone(battery or charging port burns)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
not really, alot of people keep reporting problems with samsung
you should check out youtube, tonnes of videos of burnt samsung devices and especially capacitor issues
i really dont believe you can possibly not have someone in your real life , who doesnt complain about samsung
almost everyone has bought atleast one of their products and its guaranteed to fail in some way or the other if its a TV(capacitors) or a phone(battery or charging port burns)

Never met anyone with failed Samsung devices. I also see people satisfied with their Samsung phones.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Actually both companies MS and Google are unprofessional.

One is busy in bad mouthing other company (eg. Scroogled campaign)
and another one is ignoring another one.
Atleast MS doesn't ignore platforms, it even made online office compatible with a ******* chromebook

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
By not providing services google is losing their customers. Having no alternatives in windows phone, WP owners do tend to leave google services and accept other alternatives available cross platform. Like I did, changed to Microsoft services.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Atleast MS doesn't ignore platforms, it even made online office compatible with a ******* chromebook

Well Microsoft has no choice as they have to be as cross platform as possible to get people to use their services. Google can ignore WP because they have a much smaller user base to Android.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Never met anyone with failed Samsung devices. I also see people satisfied with their Samsung phones.

You live a very sheltered life then...

Personally...I know a dozen people who have had to have their new G5's replaced and everyone I know that has a G4 has battery heating issues...some have had major dead pixels and others bad sim slots,USB ports creaking cases,bad earphone jacks...

Yes....I know a bunch of folks who have these phones..and have helped many of them unlock the boot loaders,root and run custom roms..it's something I've done in the past..

Like I said before..i was told they have vendor problems..but...to not acknowledge that they really do have some serious issues is not being realistic, especially if you enjoy defending them all the time...

These issues are well known and very documented,heck..even Verizon has publicly stated they will replace phones with the camera issue on the G5's..

You should get out more,or at least try doing a little reading without your rose-colored glasses about this.......sheese....

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You live a very sheltered life then...

Personally...I know a dozen people who have had to have their new G5's replaced and everyone I know that has a G4 has battery heating issues...some have had major dead pixels and others bad sim slots,USB ports creaking cases,bad earphone jacks...

Yes....I know a bunch of folks who have these phones..and have helped many of them unlock the boot loaders,root and run custom roms..it's something I've done in the past..

Like I said before..i was told they have vendor problems..but...to not acknowledge that they really do have some serious issues is not being realistic, especially if you enjoy defending them all the time...

These issues are well known and very documented,heck..even Verizon has publicly stated they will replace phones with the camera issue on the G5's..

You should get out more,or at least try doing a little reading without your rose-colored glasses about this.......sheese....

Mac

I said I never personally run into people with Samsung devices that have problems. Does not mean I am sheltered or have on rose damn glasses.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb