Nokia X DEAD! Does it mean Lumia carries the Android OS further?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Why do you identify your phone as 'Windows Phone'? Technically, you DON'T have a Windows Phone...you have a Nokia Lumia (or Samsung ATIV, or HTC 8x).

I will NEVER, nor have I ever, identified my device to anyone by saying it's a Windows Phone (because it isn't). And yes, people want to hold and use my phone (both my Lumia 900 and Lumia 1020).

Because I am in love WITH WP and NOT Nokia Lumia 820. I have an issue with the phone size :p I've heard people say I have an Android. Not HTC or Samsung..or whatever. Cause once you say Android, it doesn't matter..Just the way I say WP and they start shaking their heads. I am sorry to disagree with you, but I am going to call it Windows Phone.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Can't tell you how many times I have pulled my 820 out of its case and someone says "Hey thats a windows phone". It happens several times a day and this is with people I don't even know. People know what it is; but they are still not buying it for some reason. It works for me and that is all that matters unless they stop making them.????????

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Can't tell you how many times I have pulled my 820 out of its case and someone says "Hey thats a windows phone". It happens several times a day and this is with people I don't even know. People know what it is; but they are still not buying it for some reason. It works for me and that is all that matters unless they stop making them.????????

I know that feel.
It's happened to me many times.
I'm pretty sure it's happened to everyone

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
On the opposite. Things "like the Nokia X" has nothing to do with Nokia's downfall in the handset space. That has to do with poor management and other administrator decisions.

Nokia X was a briliant move by Nokia to force MS to buy the handset division. Most likely they had a full Android device in the works also (I would have, ready to announce as soon as the exclusitivity ends!). This should be clear to everyone now as more and more sales numbers are poping up. WP is not doing good and Nokia to get the price what they did is amazing. Seriously, the handset division was and is a piece of **** business. Most likely MS would have had easier job on starting with one Surface phone and build it from there vs. making the bought division profidable. Nokia just had palyed their cards so well (well, of course after they ****ed up big time to get themself in the mess they were), that MS had no other choise then buy. Nokia was able to dictate good conditions, no make it VERY good condtions. This of course was due to Nokia dominance in the WP space, if Nokia would have gone Android after the exclusivity ended, it would have been bye bye WP.

I have a feeling that you will read about this play by Nokia later in the business education books. First chapter is about one of the biggest fall's in the history; by mr. Ollila and mr. Kallasmaa and how they ruined the whole company and the second about how mr. Siilasmaa and the rest of the board played so they forced Microsoft to buy pile of ****. Damn they got good conditions..... Seriously, they kept everything thats worth any money.. LOL the name, the patents, NSN, everything... Whoaaaaaa.

What would be nice to know are full facts and numbers. Could Nokia have gone the Android route in the beginning rather than WP? There are so many things to consider in this scenario, like Here for example (google would have done everything probably to destroy the only real competiton to google maps). Also the amounts MS paid to support Nokia with WP were most likely crucial on supporting Nokia between the transition.

Lol, I wonder how early they knew about the total destruction of Symbian, Im sure it was wayyyy sooner than many think. They knew they were in some deepest fking **** ever.

Nokia and Microsoft have been working together for a long time it seems. Bing maps is basically powered by Nokia's here mapping software. We all know that Google wants a tech monopoly so Microsoft made a good move buying Nokia.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft bought Nokia's devices and services, meaning mainly the phones. Heavy losses making unit, that does not look to be getting better either. Lumia's aint selling jack and the feature phones are selling less and less.

They also got a lot of stuff they dont want, which they are starting to kill now. A move they had to make does not mean a good move.

If you look at this with very basic business perspective, you have to agree. Nokia dumped to Microsoft a unit that looses money, does not have any indicators ahead for better and had parts that Microsoft didnt want for 7bn... Even mr. Siilasmaa said after the announcement "we werent seeing anything that indicated that the phones would come profidable again". Meaning higher end Lumia's werent moving at all.

What we just heard, 12 million 520's sold. OMG thats low. And its the freaking 520 that isnt for sure making any money, and only 12 million. Apple could sell 12 million rocks with their logo 100usd a piece on launch.

It does not look good for Microsoft and WP at the moment, but its a great OS and if they keep pushing it long enough, maybe they can turn it around. It will take a lot of time though. Things change in this space, history proves it; Motorola, Ericsson and Nokia, all have gone down in flames and fast. Im sure there will be others too.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2