HTC One M8 (WP8.1) or the Lumia Icon??

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Now having read thorough reviews on both devices I am leaning towards the HTC M8 for that full metal body and specs.

Nokia has that back up in terms of apps and support so it is a difficult choice to make.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 or the Lumia Icon??

I think HTC are really investing forces in their device. Just wait few weeks for the announcement and you'll decide ;)

I'd prefer the Icon, mostly because it's Nokia.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I think a bigger factor should be the OS. Do you want Android or do you want Windows Phone? Or is that a wash for you?

Or, are you meaning to wait until the WP version of the M8 is released?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I would say a huge no to the M8. I have it in hand right now and it's being traded for a Lumia 1520 Friday. Please, read my thread a few below this if you want an accurate representation on a Windows Phone user's thoughts on the M8.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

An M8 Windows Phone!! I like android to a point and I think you covered some of my annoyances in your post.

But definitely an M8 Windows Phone!!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If the M8 Windows Phone is spec'ed exactly the same as the Android version, but running Windows Phone... I will definitely purchase. I will not sell my Icon immediately but will wait a month and see which I prefer and sell the other. Only thing that may scare me is the camera.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I love Nokia, but I prefer the M8. If the M8 WP8.1 version came to AT&T too, I would leave my 920 in a heartbeat.

And tbh, I don't use any of the Nokia services as much anymore. The HTC camera app on this device will be great, and probably faster than Nokia Camera. HTC will probably have good firmware for a phone that is just as good as their Android flagship in terms of specs.

So if you are able to get this device, get it, not the 930, imo. Boomsound and microSD vs 20MP camera and wireless charging. Both have their pros and cons. Your pick.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes