Outlook Password Expired

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has happened to anybody else but MS is on the top rung of my s**t list today. Although I love my 1520, it is not a very handy device for me on weekends. I carry a lot of gear throughout my work week so I'm very chillaxed on weekends. I bought a 635 for weekend use and I was setting it up when I got a message that my Outlook password had expired. The error message asked me to change it on my web account and that threw me into a state of rage only equaled by the beanball Giancarlo Stanton took a couple of days ago. When I went on the web page I wasn't being asked for anything, my other devices didn't make any requests, but my 1520 was showing the same error message. The International Space Station probably picked up the heat signature when I blew up.

I have many devices and many apps that I will have to change passwords for, not counting various online payment options. All I did was swap SIMs (with an adapter for the 635), get the error message and swap the SIM back to my 1520. I've never heard of such a thing and Google searches were fruitless. My body temperature is almost back to normal and I'm praying my Dolphins don't do anything stupid to raise it. They're playing in Buffalo so anything's possible.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Needless to say, I changed my password as requested/demanded and my two phones are working properly again. Now I have to start changing everything else. This is football season dammit! Why couldn't it happen during.....the pre-season or World Cup? :angry:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is your Microsoft account a corporate account? I'm not aware of Outlook passwords expiring unless they are for corporate accounts.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is your Microsoft account a corporate account? I'm not aware of Outlook passwords expiring unless they are for corporate accounts.

No, it's a personal account. My Palm T/X synced ok before I changed the password as well as my PlayBook. Is this the most effed up thing you ever heard of?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I seem to remember an option on my outlook account asking if I wanted my password to expire after 72 days. I set it to expire for security. When it does I change it and everything is fine.

ETA: Here is a screenshot of what I mean.
pu4ehume.png

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I saw a similar thread on the WP7 forum but none of the posted solutions worked. Keeping the 635 as a backup and occasional weekend device but I've gone to the dark side for my daily driver.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar