Decisions regarding two websites

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
A few months ago this site ran a bit about blocking adverts, for me this website can be very slow when using the back button but it is often slow when navigating about, this is particularly noticeable on my laptop and Surface Pro so I tried the following:

On the desktop version of IE I did what the article suggested and it sped up this website by a lot when viewed either on the desktop or the tiles version of IE.

A few weeks later the MSN website became more usable about the time the Bing apps became MSN app and the MSN site increased it's functionality. But I noticed that although the main headline slideshow worked, all other slideshows didn't I was just left with a blank black area, I wasn't that worried about it so left it at that but I did notice that I could see the slideshows on both my phone and Xbox One.

A couple of day ago this post came in and I thought I would have a look.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/320472-why-arent-msn-slideshows-working.html

It didn't take long to figure it out after some standard tests (Check Xbox One, phone, and bring in lad with Chrome), so into the desktop version of IE, TOOLS/MANAGE ADD ONS/TRACKING PROTECTION and disable Easy List, after a reload of IE the offending slideshows all worked.

But for me this website becomes super slow again, so it's a choice, do I work slowly here, have the ability to see the slideshows, install Chrome (I want to use IE).

Or I suppose try and get MS to fix the issue but who do I tell, I have left feedback but that could be a black hole for all I know and why would website published content be treated as adverts when the content is just pictures ?

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Firefox had been my browser of choice for some years, but I had been using IE since we went over to WP and 8.1 this year as I really wanted my wife to get used to the Metro system and not go back to the desktop (By staying on the tiles myself), and it seems a shame to move to a non MS product to resolve an issue on two sites I use regularly that are both MS related MSN and WC (Not an MS site but dedicated to MS products).

I will see if I can let MS/MSN know about this with a bit more "Feedback" than the feedback button and see how I get on.

Bob

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Firefox had been my browser of choice for some years, but I had been using IE since we went over to WP and 8.1 this year as I really wanted my wife to get used to the Metro system and not go back to the desktop (By staying on the tiles myself), and it seems a shame to move to a non MS product to resolve an issue on two sites I use regularly that are both MS related MSN and WC (Not an MS site but dedicated to MS products).

I will see if I can let MS/MSN know about this with a bit more "Feedback" than the feedback button and see how I get on.

Bob

Good luck! It wasn't an issue for me, since I use Firefox as my default desktop browser. I've done so for several years, and I also use Linux, so I like being able to sync my bookmarks whether I'm using Windows or Linux.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss