Aero glass theme on windows phone,would it look nice?

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have seen an article about aero glass returning to windows on PC which has brought me to thinking, how would aero glass look on windows phone if it was backed up by beautiful animations and colors?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The primary reason that Windows 8 didn't have Aero glass effects was how it hurt battery life on laptops, due to the extra processing power required by the graphics card to process the transparency effects. So, aero effects on the phone would have to hurt the battery life in a similar manner. So, if they are going to do it, I hope they have the option to turn it off.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it really would. I also think Microsoft is past that and has moved onto the flat UI across the board. I don't see a sense in them bringing it back.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The Aero glass theme would only work for Desktop mode in Windows 10. Since the phone doesn't have a Desktop, I don't see how it would even ever be able to show up to be seen. At least that's my understanding.

When we think of a theme like that, it's what makes up the task bar and window borders/title bars. The phone doesn't do smaller windows on a desktop, there isn't a window title bar, no task bar, etc., so there would be nothing to display the way I understand it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would think it can look OK if there was some translucency sprinkled on, but I prefer Modern though.
But nothing like Aero was though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon