Do you think Microsoft has too many models for Lumia devices? (Poll)

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i voted no.

people need choices.

i want to be able to choose from many models,
and not just a few limited ones.

later

What good are all of those many models if they are: Virtually (or are) the same, and are carrier or region specific meaning you probably don't even have the choice?

You would actually have a full choice of Microsoft's Lumia lineup in the scenario I laid out

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
As far as the name "Surface" goes, for all those who suggested it, I think changing the model line from Lumia to Surface would be even more confusing. For one, the name Lumia is pretty recognizable when it comes to mobile phones. It's already established, and axing both the name Nokia AND Lumia would anger Nokia fans even more. I think the name Lumia should most certainly stay.

Second of all, the name Surface kind of implies that it's running full Windows (we had this issue before). Keep the Surface line for all Microsoft devices running full Windows, and the Lumia line for all devices running a mobile version. I think that would also help cut down on confusion.

I agree with that.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
While I can agree MS could streamline their current models and carrier exclusives suck, my big complaint is that carriers only carry 1 or 2 models, I want them to carry the whole line! Yeah, maybe not stock all the models in store, but have them available. My other complaint is I'd like to see the flagship/ high end model with a 4.5-5" screen, anything over 5" is just too big for my needs.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well Lumia is basically synonymous with windows phone. When you think windows phone you think Lumia.

They have too many models and it is hard to actually have a memorable Lumia when you have three more nearly like it.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. Release 4 devices, covering all tiers. It's ridiculous that there's a 630, 635, 636 and a 638 already..like..why??

Edit: Just found out they're getting ready to release a 640, proving my point.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. Release 4 devices, covering all tiers. It's ridiculous that there's a 630, 635, 636 and a 638 already..like..why??

Edit: Just found out they're getting ready to release a 640, proving my point.

AND also a Lumia 635 with 1GB of RAM now reportedly

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
An over abundance of low ends, not enough high ends...

It's disappointing that we haven't seen successors to the Lumia 1020 and 1520 yet, and the 930 was only an international device, no US. The Icon was just Verizon and isn't even available anymore. Across the board, the Lumia line needs some serious work.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
For the MCSFT it would be better to have other series then just Lumia.
They should have two more lines for example called Microsoft Ultra X (X1 X2 ...). Microsotf Premium for few flagship models.
This Lumia thing with stupid numbers makes no sense. Lumia is ok but 520, 535, 630, 620, 635, 820 ... 3120, 1520 nothing special in those numbers.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Two more low end phones. I get that they're trying to clean up the Nokia name and replace them with their own. I also like the 640 XL instead of 1340 (as long as it's actually the same phone) since it cuts down on confusion, and I think the same should be done with 940 and 940 XL. However, they're still kind of failing at this. Do you want your phones to be the Lumia X32, X35, or X40? It's a very simple concept...

Maybe it makes too much sense to create a simple lineup of phones all in the same series (and the same name instead of giving a different name for carrier variants) to give consumers an easier grasp of your offerings and what's current.

I do hope that they actually stick with the X40 series to create some sense of unification, and create just one model per numbering just with different variants for networks and frequencies and not a whole new name for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes