All Microsoft Lumias have microsd!

swedishdude

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed this...Nokia didn't always put a microsd slot in their phones, which was a huge mistake, especially if you like to shoot video, or use your phone as a portable media player. So far Microsoft have only released phones with microsd slots, hope they keep it up for the high end phones!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Good spot!
Personally, I've never needed/wanted an SD slot. Not only are they an entry point for dust/water, they introduce unreliability, slowness and have a tendency to go missing. Cloud storage is the way to go.​

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also not everyone has unlimited data plans; not to mention most carriers are transitioning away from such plans. Simply for profits as the data connectivity is a perpetual diamond mine, the need for data connectivity will just grow as the world becomes dependent on mobility and always-on connectivity.

Lastly to presume people will always have a blanket coverage of high speed mobile internet to access their files. Well... got nothing to say about that other than, empty your cup, it's far too full.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not ALL Lumia's have SD Card slot. :(

I know that my 920 didn't have one (and I know a couple others didn't). Granted, it has 32GB of storage, but an SD Card slot would have been nice. With my 32GB 1520 and 128GB SD Card, I never worry about storage. :D

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Not ALL Lumia's have SD Card slot. :(

I know that my 920 didn't have one (and I know a couple others didn't). Granted, it has 32GB of storage, but an SD Card slot would have been nice. With my 32GB 1520 and 128GB SD Card, I never worry about storage. :D

Read it clearly. He mentioned 'Microsoft' Lumias. 920 is not by Microsoft, its Nokia Lumia.

swedishdude

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that was my point. When I go on vacation and shoot video, I have to bring my laptop to offload stuff, because my phone doesn't have microsd. And of course, WP doesn't support usb thumbdrives...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit