So, I've seen a lot of ads on TV lately for apps. Occasionally, I've seen an ad for an app that is definitely on Windows/Phone - but at the end of the ad they only ever show the Apple App Store and Google Play store badges...

Why do you think that is?? Why not advertise your own app on all the platform it exists on? I don't get it
    RumoredNow and Likwidz like this.
    04-05-2015 05:09 PM
    Totally agree. Its because graphic designers who make ad graphics all use Macs and would like to only put an Apple logo on the page. But Android is so large they can't do that and get away with it. No one notices Windows missing in reviews and they can get away ignoring and omitting it.
    04-05-2015 05:13 PM
    I don't know the ad world too well, but could it be that the company's are waiting for MS to pay towards the marketing cost.
    Or is that my cynical view?

G.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-06-2015 01:38 PM
    Totally agree. Its because graphic designers who make ad graphics all use Macs and would like to only put an Apple logo on the page. But Android is so large they can't do that and get away with it. No one notices Windows missing in reviews and they can get away ignoring and omitting it.
    It's not just TV ads. I had the radio on in my car yesterday. The station is a CBS station. They advertised their radio. com app, 'Get it on iTunes and the Google Play store. " No mention was made of the Windows Phone Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-06-2015 01:46 PM
    It's not just TV ads. I had the radio on in my car yesterday. The station is a CBS station. They advertised their radio. com app, 'Get it on iTunes and the Google Play store. " No mention was made of the Windows Phone Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yea I honestly don't get this? I mean, they've already invested in creating the app! Why the hell wouldn't they talk about it??? This just baffles me.

It's not like it costs more more to tack a badge onto an ad or say "and Windows" on a radio announcement. Seriously, WTF?!
    Laura Knotek and MDMcAtee like this.
    04-06-2015 05:54 PM
    D-Link products advertise on their packaging that they support windows phones
    04-06-2015 05:55 PM
    D-Link products advertise on their packaging that they support windows phones
    Well, there's that... lol
    04-06-2015 06:26 PM
    I see this all the time too. It's never made any sense to me either.

There has to be more than what most people think about this. Something on a higher level that just users aren't privy to.

Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it
    04-07-2015 08:06 AM
    Well Lithuania is more Windows friendly country so i see Windows store logo quite often on an ads
    EXAMPLE One of Lithuania's city's apps ad http://1drv.ms/1O3ebfK
    Last edited by saras112; 04-07-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    04-07-2015 08:10 AM
    So, I've seen a lot of ads on TV lately for apps. Occasionally, I've seen an ad for an app that is definitely on Windows/Phone - but at the end of the ad they only ever show the Apple App Store and Google Play store badges...

Why do you think that is?? Why not advertise your own app on all the platform it exists on? I don't get it
    Totally agree and have wondered why myself. Honestly the only place I have ever seen "Download from Windows Phone Store" is on Candy Crush
    04-07-2015 08:30 AM
    It's because WP has no mind share. The ad companies don't even know WP exists. This is one of the biggest problems with WP it has no consumer mind share, none...
    04-07-2015 02:13 PM

i hate disney game, but they always advertise Windows too. and 2 Windows logo, which is Windows Phone and Windows store
    04-08-2015 09:35 AM
    And one more thing, Windows phone ads are always dull by playing some song in background and moving same phone(s) in many directions..... That's funny

About apps: Every app(almost 90%) is firstly released by Android & Apple.
    Last edited by Aman Deep Singh; 04-22-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    04-16-2015 07:14 AM