Why don't app advertise they're on Windows??

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So, I've seen a lot of ads on TV lately for apps. Occasionally, I've seen an ad for an app that is definitely on Windows/Phone - but at the end of the ad they only ever show the Apple App Store and Google Play store badges...

Why do you think that is?? Why not advertise your own app on all the platform it exists on? I don't get it

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree. Its because graphic designers who make ad graphics all use Macs and would like to only put an Apple logo on the page. But Android is so large they can't do that and get away with it. No one notices Windows missing in reviews and they can get away ignoring and omitting it.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't know the ad world too well, but could it be that the company's are waiting for MS to pay towards the marketing cost.
Or is that my cynical view?

G.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree. Its because graphic designers who make ad graphics all use Macs and would like to only put an Apple logo on the page. But Android is so large they can't do that and get away with it. No one notices Windows missing in reviews and they can get away ignoring and omitting it.
It's not just TV ads. I had the radio on in my car yesterday. The station is a CBS station. They advertised their radio. com app, 'Get it on iTunes and the Google Play store. " No mention was made of the Windows Phone Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's not just TV ads. I had the radio on in my car yesterday. The station is a CBS station. They advertised their radio. com app, 'Get it on iTunes and the Google Play store. " No mention was made of the Windows Phone Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yea I honestly don't get this? I mean, they've already invested in creating the app! Why the hell wouldn't they talk about it??? This just baffles me.

It's not like it costs more more to tack a badge onto an ad or say "and Windows" on a radio announcement. Seriously, WTF?!

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I see this all the time too. It's never made any sense to me either.

There has to be more than what most people think about this. Something on a higher level that just users aren't privy to.

Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I've seen a lot of ads on TV lately for apps. Occasionally, I've seen an ad for an app that is definitely on Windows/Phone - but at the end of the ad they only ever show the Apple App Store and Google Play store badges...

Why do you think that is?? Why not advertise your own app on all the platform it exists on? I don't get it

Totally agree and have wondered why myself. Honestly the only place I have ever seen "Download from Windows Phone Store" is on Candy Crush

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's because WP has no mind share. The ad companies don't even know WP exists. This is one of the biggest problems with WP it has no consumer mind share, none...

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
And one more thing, Windows phone ads are always dull by playing some song in background and moving same phone(s) in many directions..... That's funny

About apps: Every app(almost 90%) is firstly released by Android & Apple.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros