Brutal couple of months or business as usual?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't plan on releasing a new flagship until Windows 10 launches. And with the departure of the 1520 on AT&T, there are no flagship Lumias available in stores.

Do you think that's going to have an impact on Windows Phone, or will it be business as usual since it's just one phone?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion this is not a good situation. By the time they release a (so called) flagship a great many of the flagship users are going to have already sailed away, having grown tired of waiting. It is not a major thing to me as I am a mid-range/low flagship user myself (820/Moto G lte). I will be happy with a 830 replacement or something in that range, if the price is right. I set aside 1100$ about six months ago to upgrade my two phones. Still waiting. But I won't wait forever.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't think they've even said there will be a new flagship with Windows 10. I could well be wrong though. Either way, my cash will have gone elsewhere by that time.

Last edited:

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion this is not a good situation. By the time they release a (so called) flagship a great many of the flagship users are going to have already sailed away, having grown tired of waiting ...
Yeah, I am probably one of them. Just ordered me a Galaxy Note 4. The main reason were the outstanding camera and the very fact that more or less all Microsoft services work fine on Android anyway. I won't miss a thing other than the smoothness of WP.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they've even said there will be a new flagship with Windows 10. I could well be wrong though. Either way, my cash will have gone elsewhere by that time.

It was during Mobile World Congress when Microsoft unveiled the 640. Stephen Elop said they plan on releasing a new flagship when Windows 10 ships later this year.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion this is not a good situation. By the time they release a (so called) flagship a great many of the flagship users are going to have already sailed away, having grown tired of waiting. It is not a major thing to me as I am a mid-range/low flagship user myself (820/Moto G lte). I will be happy with a 830 replacement or something in that range, if the price is right. I set aside 1100$ about six months ago to upgrade my two phones. Still waiting. But I won't wait forever.

Why not the 830? Although, for about $350 on Amazon you could get the Lumia 930.

Personally, had I not already purchased a 1520 almost a year ago, my next phone would likely be the 640 XL. Right size, good specs and (hopefully) right price.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people aren't gonna like it, but windows phone users should have in mind either a android or iOS backup plan. Because it's looking inevitable at this point. And besides, MS stuff runs very good on those.

I'm not saying to stop using windows phone, just be prepared to move onto to something else.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm just saying at least be open to the idea. Honestly I like windows phone. The OS is great. But unless something turns around...

Windows phone is very relevant and popular to it's fans.
Are you really a fan of the platform?

Most either support it fully or move on to what they already are vested in.
Why do you come here and consistently dis this platform?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I don't think I constantly come here and dis the platform.

I think it has problems. I think we can be critical at least. It's not in a good position. Wether or not your a fan doesn't change that.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I constantly come here and dis the platform.

I think it has problems. I think we can be critical at least. It's not in a good position. Whether or not your a fan doesn't change that.

You're are right I'm mistaken.
Apologies please continue as you always have.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Does one have to be a fan in order to use it? For my part, I use whatever works best for a given task and I suppose most cell phone buyers in general don't even think about the platform but about what is popular and what their friends have.

In the past, I have promoted Windows Phone and upgraded people around me that still had feature phones. The advantage was that a Windows Phone basically worked as simple as a feature phone with the advancements and power of a smart phone. This, however, has been changing (evolving) since its itteration and as of today, Windows Phone is just as app centric as Android and iOS. Gone are the days were everything was tidely integrated into easy-to-use hubs. And since every new app release feels and works more like Android devices, I can see why someone would suggest to open up your horizon as well to other platforms.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's why I went ahead and bought a Moto G let. I still use my 820 as my everyday phone but if things don't work out it would be no problem for me to go Android. My two tablets are Kindle Fires (Android). Still I have hope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon