Surprise surprise !! Microsoft <3 Nokia

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
we all thought Nokia was done after manufacturing the last device before going out of mobile business, the nokia lumia 730/735.

But this time Microsoft has launched a new Nokia branded device for just 37$ the Nokia 216 surprising the whole world and the users alike.
The new Nokia 216 is exactly what you’d expect from a budget phone. It sports a 2.4-inch QVGA display,:> VGA front and rear-facing cameras, integrated FM radio tuner, and an impressive 24 days of standby time. It comes in three colors: white, black, and a cyan. And yes, it still has a headphone jack.

The Opera Mini browser comes pre-installed, and just in case that $37 price tag isn’t alluring enough Microsoft and Gameloft have teamed up to offer one free game every month for a year.

there are two variants of it , Nokia 216 and Nokia 216 dual sim

Here is a small peak on the new Nokia 216

The description from microsoft reads "Introducing the New Nokia 216 and New Nokia 216 Dual SIM that keeps you entertained for longer - all at an incredible price. Find and download new apps and games in the Opera Mobile Store. Download one free Gameloft game every month for a year, and enjoy popular titles like GT Racing and Little Big City. Access popular web content with the Opera Mini Browser and Bing Search. Forecast the weather with MSN Weather."

Share your thoughts onthis :)

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
great, but from what I have read, Nokia is now free from there 2 year agreement & can make thier own phones... will this interfere with Original Nokia design teams goals, who are trying to release an Android Nokia?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I think I might want to get the 230. I still have an Nokia candy bar phone from about 2008-09 that unfortunately I can't use anymore,but still hold onto it because it looked and felt so much more stylish and premium than the samsungs of the day.

Nice little nod to the days when Nokia was the king of cell phones.

OriginalLucy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I miss my Nokia phones. My fave was the N8 and I just parted with it 2 months ago. The camera was amazing on it. I would probably consider another Nokia again.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
He's talking about having Nokia as a sub-brand like Galaxy is for Samsung or a subsidiary like Lexus is for Toyota. (ignore the car comparison though)

Microsoft Nokia.. Well, it's kinda weird and confusing, yet somewhat cool. A friend of mine tried to say something about my phone and he wanted to say Microsoft Lumia but he accidentally said Microsoft Nokia, so I don't really know what to think.

Sent from mTalk on a 535.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Nokia.. Well, it's kinda weird and confusing, yet somewhat cool. A friend of mine tried to say something about my phone and he wanted to say Microsoft Lumia but he accidentally said Microsoft Nokia, so I don't really know what to think.

Sent from mTalk on a 535.
Well it doesn't have to be like that. In Korea(?) Samsung has downplayed their own brand in favor of Galaxy, so it could be just Nokia. Or on publications, Nokia by Microsoft.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3